Chapter 2: Take a guess. No, you would never guess correctly. Jaydon Hamilton.

Everyone just looks at me with wide eyes, even Jaydon.

I look at the ground nervously, suddenly becoming interested in my shoes.

Suddenly, the class erupts in whispers, some I hear.

That’s Hazel Williams? I thought she was fat.”

“Since when did she become so hot?”

“She looks like a completely different person.”

“Didn’t she move to India or somewhere like that?”

“I could definitely tap that.”

I ignore the last comment, looking to Mr Parker with pleading eyes. I also notice how Zach and Seth stand by my side in a defensive manner, weird.

Mr Parker gets out of his deep-in-thought trans and claps loudly, regaining the class’s attention.

“Miss Williams, how fantastic it is that you join us again!” He exclaims.

Yes, fantastic. Note my sarcasm.

I smile, showing off my perfect teeth. Ah, the benefits of braces for four years.

“Well, there happens to be three seats left for you, Zach and Seth. So please take a seat and we can start the lesson.”

I nod follow Seth as he walks towards the seats, which happens to be next to the one and only, Jaydon Hamilton.

Thankfully, Seth sits down next to him and Zach motions me to sit in the middle. I smile and sit down.

Why are they being so nice to me?

Mr Parker babbles on about something but I zone out, looking around at the people I recognise and seeing how they’ve changed.

I gasp a little when my eyes settle on someone that’s quite wide in the hips.

I lean to Zach, “Is that Mae Trotten?” I whisper, gesturing to the girl.

He purses his lips and nods, “Yeah, while you were becoming super hot, she took the other road and went into a state of depression. When school started two weeks ago, she came back looking like that.”

I blush when he describes me as ‘hot’, but recover as I study her as she takes notes, she isn’t as big as I was, but she was putting it on. She used to have bubbly blonde hair that every girl envied and is now a deep black colour.

She is definitely not as bad as me, by far, but she was so popular. And not the good kind either, she was the worst female to bully me in this school. Jaydon and her kind of teamed up, I guess. While he hurt me emotionally and verbally, she hurt me physically and mentally.

Yep, my life was hell.

“Hazel?” Seth asks.

“Sorry?” I snap out of my daze.

“We got dismissed.” He smiles.

Since when do these guys smile?

“Oh, right. Thanks.” I say and get up.

I notice Jaydon standing by the door and he walks with us when we exit, I look down as everyone stares at me as we head to the next class.

I almost forgot that news travels fast in this school.

“So what do you have now?” Zach asks.

I look at my schedule and scrunch my nose, “Geometry.”