Chapter 16: Sure, just drop it all on me then.

"How much longer?" Zach whines.

"Yeah, I thought we were only coming here to get a new phone." Seth joins.

"Hey, a girl's got to shop. I can't just come to a shopping mall and not." I reply.

"But we've been here for almost two hours now." Jay says.

I just roll my eyes as I search through some of the tops.

"No way!" Someone says next to me, "Hazel?"

I turn my head and see some very familiar, "Lexi!" I smile and bring her into an embrace.

"What are you doing back?" She asks.

"I came to stay with Dad." I reply.

Lexi is my older cousin, Uncle Steve's daughter, she just turned twenty-one a few months ago, I was going to fly here to come to her birthday but complications came up.

She's the definition of gorgeous. With long, wavy brunette curls and tan skin, she always knew how to catch all the boy's attention.

"You should have told me you were here!" She says, "We need to sit down and catch up."

She then looks behind me and sees the guys, "Who's this?" She asks.

"Oh sorry, this is Seth, Zach, and Jay. Guys this is my cousin Alexis, but everyone calls her Lexi." I introduce.

They exchange greetings.

"Come on! I'll meet you at your house and we can talk." She says and drags me out of the shop, which makes me hear a few cheers from behind me.

"Sure." I reply.

>>|<<

"So," She begins as I give her a cup of coffee, "Do I need to express how gorgeous you look? Or shall we leave that?" She asks.

I shrug, "That's not the most important thing on my mind right now."

She smiles, "Alright, then what is?"

"Are you aware that your Dad is staying with us?" I ask.

She sighs, "I thought this was where he would go."

"So you did know? I'm guessing that's why you're around this area?" I ask.

She nods, "You get me every time Hazel."

The guys had gone into the living room to give us some bonding time alone.

"Do you know why he's here?" I ask.

She takes a sip of her coffee and shakes her head, "Nope, one of the reasons I came. You don't either?"

"Just that he got into a fight with Aunty Laura." I reply.

She nods, "Yeah, no one is telling me what's going on. I mean I'm their daughter for God's sake!"

Jay pops his head into the kitchen, "Ah, Hazel?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Stomachs are rumbling in here." He states.

I laugh and grab the phone, "Of course they are." I chuck it to Jay, "Order pizza."

He grins, "You got it."

When he disappears Lexi looks at me in a suggestive manner, "He's cute."

I look away, "And sort of the guy I always had problems with."

Confusion crosses her face, "And he's in your living room why?"