Chapter 34: What on earth can this girl not do?

My eyes go wide and I freeze, it was definitely a guy's voice, that's for sure.

It was weird, it sounded vaguely familiar.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I'll, um, just leave." I say.

"Wait!" He says suddenly, and before I can exit I hear him flick on the light and I immediately shut my eyes.

You're dead, you're dead, you're dead.

I open my eyes slowly when I realise nothing's happening.

I frown when I see Zach.

But it's not Zach.

"Ben?" I ask in astonishment.

Since I've been back, I've only seen Ben once, at the dinner my dad put on when I first arrived. Ben is Zach's twin brother.

He looks like a dear caught in the headlights.

We just stare at each other in pure shock. I don't know what to do, but I still notice he has the gun pointing at me.

I slowly move my hand up and place my hand on the gun, before pushing it away from me.

"I-I..." Now it was his turn to stutter.

I give him a confused look, "What are you doing here?"

Me speaking up must shake him out of it because a frown forms on his face and he shakes his head, putting the gun back up.

"That's not important, what are you doing out?" He demands sternly.

"Ben," I plead, "Don't do this."

He looks like he's fighting with himself, he's breathing heavily, I think he's clenching his jaw just because he doesn't want it to shake.

To show weakness.

He had so many similar qualities to Zach, his hair colour, his facial features, his body type. The only stand out difference was his musky green eyes.

"You don't understand," He says, dropping the gun and walking away, hands on his head, pacing in distress, "I could get killed for this, if they find you in here!"

I shake my head, "No you're not, I won't let that happen."

He looks to me, "You're a prisoner! How on earth are you going to not let it happen?"

I frown and take a step forward, raising my hands a little, "Calm down Ben. You need to calm down."

I glance at the gun hanging carelessly from his hand, which is on his head, "And put down the gun."

He stops and looks at me confused for a second before his eyes widen in realisation and he throws the gun on the bed like it was a grenade.

He then drops his head into his palms, "The safety was still on anyway, I didn't switch it off."

I sigh and walk up to him, hesitantly gripping his shoulders, "What in the world are you doing Ben?"

He looks up to the ceiling in a certain sort of agony, "I wasn't fitting in at school, at all."

Realising he's about to spill to me I move him to the bed and we sit down.

He looks down at his hands as he speaks, "That's probably why you never see me around, I usually hang by myself. I'm in smaller classes, mainly because my parents think I have some kind of social disorder."