Chapter 3: Just because I'm fabulous, doesn't mean you are too.

Chapter 3: Just because I’m fabulous, doesn’t mean you are too.

 After the final classes of the day, I go to my locker to put everything away and grab my bag. When I look down the hall, I catch sight of Lucy, the head cheerleader, chatting with her friends and I walk to her.

“Um, excuse me. Lucy? Could I talk to you for a second?” I ask.

She smiles at me, “Sure Hazel.”

Lucy isn’t one of those slutty, mean head cheerleaders. She’s actually really friendly and was very nice to me before. If I wasn’t, well me, when I used to go here, Lucy and I could have been friends. But I didn’t let anyone close to me, mainly because I didn’t want to drag anyone else down with me.

She was a year older than me, meaning that she is a Senior now.

“Hazel! You look amazing!” Lucy beams.

“Thanks Lucy,” I return the smile, “I was actually wondering if I could try out for the cheerleading team? I started one in Australia and I really enjoyed it.” I ask.

She smiles at me and leans in closer, lowering her voice, “This is just between you and me, but lets just say you did already try out,” She goes back to normal, “Welcome to the team!” She hugs me.

I giggle and hug her back.

“Are you sure you want to do that? I could be really bad.” I say, rubbing my arms.

“Hunny, with a body like that, even if you were bad no one would notice.” She laughs.

I blush and look away.

“Trainings are on Monday, Wednesay, and Thursday after school for an hour. Just start on Wednesday. I better get to the gym. See ya!” She waves as she walks down the hall.

I smile and wave back.

When I walk to my car, the guys are standing around it talking.

“Okay, how did you know this was my car?” I ask as I unlock it.

“Please, everyone noticed the hot new girl as she came out of her car.” Seth scoffs.

I blush and look down.

“Oh.”

“So what were you and Lucy talking about? She looked ecstatic.” Jay asks.

Zach scoffs, “Lucy always looks ecstatic.”

“Yeah, but that a good thing.” Seth adds quickly.

“Oh, I am now a part of the cheerleading squad.” I curtsy.

Seth claps and Jay smirks, but Zach just looks confused.

“But, you didn’t even try out.”

I giggle, “Sorry, if I tell you I’d have to kill you.”

I open my door chuck my bag in.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow?” I ask.

“Yep.” Seth and Jay nods, they have a small smirk playing on their lips.

I eye them suspiciously.

I look at Zach who is standing there full on smirking.

“You right there Zach?” I ask.

He looks a little panicked, but then scoffs, “I could so get on the cheerleading squad without trying out too.”

I raise an eyebrow, “Sorry Zach, just because I’m fabulous, doesn’t mean you are too.” And with that I get in and drive away, leaving Seth and Jay laughing while Zach glares at them.