Chapter One - Encountering a Dragon

I leapt out of bed when Endorphia (the family cat) scratched at my hair in an attempt to wake me up. My mother shouted me through for breakfast. I smoothed out my school robes which my mother had bought for me at Diagon Alley a few days before.

As I brushed my feet against the soft carpet, my owl, Draxon flew in through the window. It was a letter from my father. My father had been away on duty at the ministry lately and so I didn't see much of him, and as it turned out, I wouldn't see him today. Even if it was my first day of Hogwarts.

I opened the piece of parchment and a necklace fell out, it was a simple golden necklace with a  golden snitch decoration with real fluttering delicate wings.  I placed it on my collar bone as the light feathery wings fluttered gently against my skin, which was ticklish, before calming down and becoming still and set off for King's  Cross Station.

I was so excited! I began to sprint towards the entrance to the platform and when I finished feeling a tingling sensation through my veins I was on platform 9 3/4! But I was still running, if I hadn't, I might not have got on the train on time.

I hopped onto the carriage and landed on someone. Someone with shockingly white hair, a pale face and greyish eyes. The two goons standing of either side of the boy grabbed one arm each and lifted me into the air, I struggled as the boy hopped to his feet and dusted off his perfect, yet grimy with his obnoxious stench, robes.

"Ah, well, there's always one..."

"Sorry... I guess I wasn't looking where I was going..." I mumbled as I tried my hardest to explain, which was hard whilst I was kicking with my legs in the air as the baboons continued to taunt me by clutching my wrists. Searching for deep breaths, trying to control my temper as I winced in pain as the grip on my wrists tightened.

"What's with the hair?" the blonde boy asked me.

"Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing... I'm metamorphic, you know, I change how I look through choice-"

"It was a rhetorical question." He snapped back. He glanced at the boys whose arms were keeping me in mid air.

The two goons holding me up dropped me instantly.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He held out his hand for me to shake, and as I went to shake it, he pulled away and continued to dust of his pristine robes.

"Well, Malfoy, I'm Holly Potter," I announced, trying to redeem myself and my dignity which I just dropped in this carriage as I fell, "Now if you excuse me, I must go and find Neville, you see I promised him I'd sit with him, but I can't seem to find him. I think he's lost that toad of his again."

Just as I began to quicken my pace an arm materialised right in front of me. I stopped dead.

"A Potter, eh? Where's the scar then?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." I lied, covering the back of my my ear with my hair.

"Don't lie. That wasn't a rhetorical question. The difference is that one you answer truthfully, and one you do not answer at all. But I guess, if of course you are who you say you are, then the rules don't apply to you, do they Potter." He sneered

He took out his wand and I gasped, I expected him to use it against me or something; but instead he used it to scrape back the hair covering my ear. He could see it. I know he could.
He continued to walk and looked back impatiently gesturing for me to follow.
"Don't get used to it." Is all he said as he escorted me through to the carriage.

We didn't talk until about half way to Hogwarts.

"What house do you want to be in?" I quizzed him.