Deepest Darkest Truth

Holly asked me a question, which was out of her place.
"Why do you treat muggle borns and half bloods like they shouldn't be here?"
"Because they shouldn't" I replied quickly.
"But, I mean, surely you don't think that! I think you're hiding something. Putting on a mask to push people you love or care for away. It's not fair on them. On us."
"Right, next question then," I said as I blanked her last comment, did she care for me? Did I care for her? "What's your deepest secret."
"I can't tell you that."
"Oh, but due to the effects of the Veritaserum, I will squeeze it out of you."
"I-I have these visions." She finally blurted out her secrets to non other that me, Draco Malfoy.
"You mean, you're mentally insane?!?" I retorted fiercely.
"No, they are more like nightmares really."
"Holly, I have one more question for you..." I paused, weighing my options, measuring my steps.
"Are we friends."
"More like acquaintances at the very most." She said indifferently.
That felt like a punch in the chest, my breath was taken away from me. I wanted her to say something along the lines of : 'I think we're more that that'.

I simply picked up my bag and walked away. When I heard footsteps following me. I haulted; then someone crashed into me so I was pinned up against the wall. It looked like Harry. But it was a girl.
"Holly.... Get back into bed- if a teacher finds you-"
"You didn't let me finish back there, Malfoy. I was going to say that just because I thought we were acquaintances doesn't mean we can't become more than that."
I picked her up and carried her back to her bed in the hospital wing.

" Next time don't leave this bed- you only woke up an hour ago." This time I walked away for good. I smirked as I realised that she wanted us to be more than acquaintances, but I would have to work on that over February...