Chapter Two - The Sorting Hat Has Spoken

Once in the hall, we sued up to be sorted into our houses.

I'll start with the obvious: ones:

Malfoy, Slytherin

Hermione, Gryffindor

Crabbe, Slytherin

Goyle, Slytherin

Parkinson, Slytherin

Ron, Gryffindor

Harry, Gryffindor

And then came me...

The sorting hat spoke

"Well, you are clever. I'll give you that!

"But you are also kind with a hunger to prove yourself

"Mostly, though you may be other things, you are brave and willing to fight.

I think...

"GRIFFINDOR!"

As the Slytherin table sent defiant hisses and boos towards me, Malfoy stayed silent and merely cast me a glare.

I waltzed over to the cheering Gryffindors by whom I was warmly welcomed by Percy, Ron's older brother.

The food was outstanding and we feasted and dined to our hearts content, unless you were Nearly Headless Nick or the Bloody Baron. I don't quite know if they have hearts...

Every now and again, when I wasn't tied up in conversation and eating all that I could, I could cast my mind back to Malfoy, why had he looked at me like that? It made me feel uneasy. Was he angry at me for what I said to him before I fainted?

*FLASHBACK TO BEFORE FEAST*

I felt a cool shiver run down my spine and I twitched involuntarily as the black dots increased and my vision surrendered. I could still hear  muffled voices of the students.

I heard footsteps approach, then I heard nothing, the person had reached my side. As they bent down, I heard their intricate breaths enter and exit their mouth. I tried to move, but I felt paralysed. The person ran 3 ice-cold fingers down my forearm then whispered into my ear:

""Scar-Face," It was Malfoy, I just knew it. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me..."

What secret? What was Malfoy meaning by this? Maybe I heard him wrong.

Then my eyes snapped open. I watched the slick snow white hair against the black robes vanish into the crowd of 1st years, we were entering the hall...