Chapter 22 - Umbridge With The Upper Hand

Umbridge was the last to arrive. She whispered in my ear with a menacing giggle: "The Truth Hurts".

"Now , I have already told you numerous times about the serious consequences if you dare cross me, Miss Potter."

Umbridge turned to face the rest of the school.

"The fact that Miss Holly Potter is a suspected leader of these illicit activities just goes to show that the truth will be discovered.

"Professor Snape tells me we have little supply left of Veritaserum for questioning, but we must find a way to persevere.

"I am going to ask Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy to assist me."

The four assistants walked over in sheer, growing-breaking silence.

"Are you ready, Miss Potter?"

"I was born ready." I spat through gritted teeth.

"Will you take the Veritaserum willingly?"

Draco faintly nodded telling me to do so. But this wasn't his decision.

"No."

"Very well," She sighed with a gruesome smile creeping onto her bat-like face. "You leave me no choice."

The metal around my neck tightened and forced me to open my mouth. She tipped in the remnants of the serum into my mouth. I already felt the truth waiting to be told, like an untold fairytale. But I relented.

'Now, you can fight the Veritaserum - with great defeat may I add - and only tell the partial truth and I will have no choice but to take further action or you can spill what I need to know. I feel I can predict the answer for you if I must."

"I am always open to a bit of action and unanswered questions, personally speaking." Harry smiled weakly, but Umbridge shuddered.