Unanswerable Questions

Holly POV

"Holly. Come in. Why on earth are you up this late?"

"I-I was... I don't really know to be honest..."

"Tell me what you remember." She glanced down at Draco sternly as if she only just realised he was standing beside me.

"You stay with Potter here, Malfoy. You might know more of the current situation at hand. Tell me, Holly."

"Well," I closed my eyes and thought hard. My ear was throbbing in pain, "I remember the stairs. And - And a voice."

"Yess, Potter. Anything else?"

"The voice wanted through a door. The door was on the-the... third floor," I paused for a moment letting the news sink in, not just for McGonagall's sake, but for my own as well. This meant they wanted something valuable. Something worth the effort.

"Quite frankly, Holly, I cannot see any reason as to why a voice inside a dubious dream within your head should be taken so seriously that you fulfil it's orders. "

"But there's more professor. The voice wanted..." I hesitated before I let the words drip out. "Well, the voice was after, qafter a-a... Stone." I whispered it so quietly I thought McGonagall might not have heard; but taking into account that her face turned to glass as she heard the words, her face reflected the dim candle-light in the room. Apart from her disgruntled expression, she merely spoke:

"I'll get your brother, Potter. Malfoy, kindly stay with her until my return. DO NOT WANDER OFF. I will be right back."

She stumbled out hurriedly. I frowned. It was just a dream. Even if I had woken up on the third floor stars. It was only a dream...