CHAPTER 37 - Everything

I awoke with a start when someone knocked on the door.

"What?" I groaned. To my surprise, Snape walked in.

"Curiosity isn't a sin, Holly."

"Huh?"

"Know about the stone, do you? Well," He tutted ominously, pacing in a bat-like manner around my new room. "I'm afraid there's only one thing left to do."

He whipped out his wand and pressed it into a snake on his left arm, which I recognised all too well as the Dark Mark.

"You-You're a-a"

He whipped around and pressed his wand into my temple, the pain of my scar was ferocious. Just then, a wispy, dust-like figure entered the room. My scar was itching to cause me more unbearable pain. I groaned weakly as the familiar sharp pain met the side of my ear.

"Severus, give her time-" The wisp cooed.

"Sadly, my Lord, time is no friend to us until we find the Philosopher's Stone. We need the elixir to have you return to full power. Until then only-"

"Only Flamel can live on, yet I cannot."

"Precisely, my Lord."

"Very well. Don't kill or even damage the girl, she may prove quite useful very soon."

"If that is what you wish, my Lord."

"It is."

The scene changed and morphed with reality as I truly wakened from my nightmare, finely clothed in a puddle of sweat. I took a quick shower, washed my hair and when dried my hair.

"It was just a dream. Only a dream." And then I began humming the words "Only a dream." until I sounded mad. Even then, I didn't stop.

"Holly, you hungry?"

I jumped and then simply shook my head, taking no notice of Draco, who was now by my side.

"Eat." I fulfilled his request as I gave in to the mountainous pile of delicious food in front of me. I took a bite out of his toast and a sip of his pumpkin juice.

"You've got a little -" He began.

"I've got Owl Post?!?" I never received letters by owl. Draco merely laughed.

"No, let me get it-" He motioned towards my face with a napkin in hand and gently wiped off the remnants of the juice from above my upper lip. I blushed profoundly.

He bit his lip nervously and moved closer. And closer. Until his lips were millimetres from my own. His warm breath soothed my cold skin. He placed his hand on my cheek and stroked it lovingly as we dived into a slow-motion atmosphere. I placed my hand atop his and gazed into his eyes. I felt my own eyes change from their usual blue to another colour. I never quite knew though, unless I was in front of a mirror.

"I've always loved that about you."

"What?"

"Everything." He said only just audibly.

We were almost touching each other's lips. I felt adrenaline coarse through my veins as Draco edged closer; as we moved in to seal the gap.

But that warm breath faced away. I slowly (and awkwardly) moved my hand which had sat and entwined perfectly within his. Then I realised! To my surprise, it was me who had turned away. I stood up and wiped a fresh tear from my eye. The moment had been perfect.

"I'm so sorry, it's just-"

"Yeah, I'm sorry too."

"You don't have to be sorry for anything."

"I do. I'm sorry I'm a Slytherin, a Malfoy, a Pure-blood, a spoiled prat. I'm sorry that I'm not in Griffindor and have the bravery and courage to kiss you. I'm sorry that-"

"Draco, you don't have to be sorry for anything." My eyes were welling up with tears as they returned to their washed out blue.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't be."

"Because..." I racked my brains in search for a satisfying answer. "Well- you're you."

"And why does that matter?"

"Its means I can love you. Not because you're a ferret, a Slytherin, a Malfoy, a rich person, a pure-blood; but because being you means I don't care about the you that you let everyone else see. That Malfoy isn't the Draco I know."

"Well, thanks for nothing!"

"Draco, shut up you blithering idiot! I don't give a holy cricket for THAT you - the 'you' my friends - and Harry- see you as, their rival enemy and bully. They wouldn't want me going around kissing THAT Draco,  now would they?" I was wiping my face dry with my sleeve, and yet I still let the river of tears flow.

"Again, I understand. No need to point out what's wrong about me!"

"No Draco. I saw past that mask of a slimy git and had a glimpse of the real you."

"But-"

"I didn't NOT kiss you because it was wrong. It's just some things just need to be done at the right time."