A Very Malfoy Arrival

"Come on, Holly. We'll miss the train to London if you don't hurry!" Hermione told her pointedly.

"Equiriatill!" I cast the spell lazily to tidy up my belongings into my trunk, which was now 5 times heavier than I was used to as it was crammed full of homework assignments, and everything else I owned.

"Hermione, I'm not going back on the train." I sighed, letting out the fuse of hate and anger that had concealed me in my bed for at least 2 days now.

"Well, rem...I've..." I stumbled as I tried to tell the truth "I've been told , by my father, that I am..." I paused, hoping I could delay my destination which I had to tell Hermione for long enough that she would move on to another subject. I couldn't hold it in. But I still struggled to let the words flick off my silenced tongue. "Staying with Malfoy." I muttered indifferently.

"You... you what?"

"Don't make me say it twice, understand, please!"

"Well, write to me and tell me how the holiday goes. Is Harry coming too?"

"I am not sure. It hadn't crossed my mind until now."

"Well bye then." Hermione said awkwardly, but she continued to stand where she was, immobile. I could see she was debating whether to ask more or not, bit as she walked away, I presumed she had thought better of it.

The Malfoy's house elf, Dobby, had been sent to fetch Draco and me to apparate both of us back to the Malfoy's.

Dobby arrived without a word of relief, happiness or exertion although he display symptoms of all three. Dobby simply took my hand and led me to outside the Slytherin common room in the dungeons.

"Dobby needs Holly Potter to stay put while he searches for Master Draco, then Dobby will do the honour of taking his master and company home as instructed. Safely." He reminded himself of the last part as if it took great power to do so.

When Dobby arrived again with Malfoy, he instructed Malfoy to take my hand.

"Well, come on then. Hurry up. We haven't got all day." Malfoy sneered.

"As a matter of fact, Master Draco, Dobby was told by Master Lucuis that Master Draco and his accompaniment can take as long as they wish."

"Oh, whatever, stupid elf, just get us home. Now. Take my hand Potter. Haven't I already told you before that opportunities like these don't come often" Well, two can play at this game.

"Firstly, I don't think Dobby is stupid. In fact, I find him rather cute and caring. And may I take this moment to remind you of the time that I told you I would quite happily give you a scar to match that big head of yours, I think it would go rather nicely. Don't you?" I smiled mockingly, covering up my fear of what he could do to me.

"I couldn't care less, just take my hand. Now, Potter."

"No." I replied, stubbornly.

"Listen here, Potter. Take my hand or-"

"Or what? My answer is still no."

"Or I will tip some veritas serum into your morning pumpkin juice on Christmas Eve." He knew what he was doing, I could see it in his eyes.

I didn't reply. Instead I simply took his hand and I began to feel nauseous as my head began spinning. When we finally stopped, I spun around whilst looking for breath. That's when I saw Malfoy being sick. On Dobby.

"Malfoy. That's-"

"Why hello, Miss Potter. How lovely to see you. I'm Draco's father. Lucius Malfoy."

He held out his hand and looked at me expectantly as he meant for me to shake it, he moved away awkwardly.

"Draco, dear, dear. Clean that up elf. Now!" He demanded so much of this tiny creature that stood before him.

"Lucius, I will gladly clean it up. The poor elf can have a break, where do you keep your cloths and buckets. I'll get Draco into his bed and bring him a bucket and Dobby can take a break whilst I clear this mess up. Honestly, I don't min-"

"A Potter do house work? How could you suggest such an idea, and to help the elf too! Draco, when you told me she was stubborn and-"

"I. AM. NOT. STUBBORN!" I raged, "I simply have a good heart and a clear mind." I said calmly.

"Told you, Father. She's nothing but a stubborn piece of dirt that struts around Hogwarts like she owns it." Malfoy jeered.

Lucius seemed uninterested. He walked away and I began to take out my anger and pity on Malfoy.

"Listen. I'm not a house elf but I can take care of other too! I will clean this up. Dobby, please may you show Draco to his room and I will clean this up for you."

"I will not allow you to do so. I forbid you!" Malfoy spat.

"On what grounds?"

"My home. My rules. You hurry along. Elf, take Potter here to her living space, it's next to mine, and lock the door behind her. Give her her night clothing, which I expect you should have laundered by now and her dinner robes. Go!"

"Dobby must obey his master. Dobby shall take Holly Potter to her room."

"Why thank you Dobby."

"Off with you Potter already, dinner will be at eight o'clock. Sharp in the main dining hall. I have been told by father to escort you there so I want you ready for seven and wait for me to arrive at seven forty five. Your parents will arrive tomorrow morning. Now go, or I will tell Father!"

"First off, what happened to that conversation we had during my detention. About manners.

"Second, I want doesn't get. That spoiled attitude doesn't work on me, Malfoy!" I spat at him.

"And third, Lucius won't care, that I am sure of."

"Don't be so sure of yourself, Potter. Or your life might be turned upside down. Go."

"No, you called me stubborn so now I will act like it." I made an effort as I plotted my feet firmly on the ground and huffed out the air in my lungs. I thought I had won.

"Dobby, go iron your hands. You have failed me."

"You wouldn't"

"Oh... but I would!" He teased.

"You son of a squib!"

"Now, now. There's no need for that sort of language in my house."

"Malfoy... don't do this. You can't lock me in my room."

"Why not? It is my home after all."

"Ever heard of the guest choosing?"

"Nope. Leave. I've gt work to be getting on with."

I winked at Dobby, clearly notifying him that he next words that came out of my mouth were untrue.

"Well, I for one, do not wish to be shown to my room by a filthy servant of yours."

"Well then, how will you find your rooms?"

"With the help of you, Malfoy."

"Fine." He sighed, "If it makes you shut up."

"Oh.... don't worry, it will."