Chapter 24 - I thought you were dying...

Draco's POV

Over a week ago, Holly was lying on a stretcher being carried off to St. Mungo's, she looked pale and weak. I imagined the stretcher as her death bed. Then, she was transported to the Hogwarts Infirmary, where I could visit her and keep and eye on her all day, every day.

I had her bed arranged to as I could come back after lessons and tell her what we had learned and what she had missed, ever though she was asleep, I pretended she was listening intently like a child listening to a Tale of the Beetle Bard.

It was now past the Christmas Holidays and Holly has still not woken from her sleep. It had been over three weeks now. I was scared; scared that she was sucked into a coma.

Madame Pomfrey assured me that she would wake up. But inside, inside I felt like she was dying. Every spare moment was precious and I couldn't waste a second of it. I felt so bad about what I had done. But Malfoy's shouldn't have a guilty conscious . I began to let the tears dribble down my cheeks. But Malfoy's don't cry either. I just couldn't stop myself; I was overcome with emotion.

"Holly... I'm so sorry..." I whispered so only her still, lifeless body could hear.

"It's fine." I told myself in a rather feminine voice, only I didn't say it. I looked up and saw Potter trying to sit up.

"I wasn't talking to you, Potter." I jeered. Why was I putting my mask back on? I had let my guard down and I cared, but why?

"So you were talking to your imaginary friend who happens to be called Holly and you are having a sob with her then?"

"Something like that." I joked. Holly frowned, she didn't laugh.

"Listen, Malfoy. I didn't spend a night in the hospital wing for you to-"

"Watch what you say, Potter. You've been out for almost a month and you seem pretty ungrateful that I have made sure that Madame Pomfrey dances attention on you."

"And yet you still don't apologise... Wait, has Quidditch Season started yet?"

"Only training, your a Chaser for Griffindor and I'm a Seeker for Slytherin."

"Wait... what month is it?"

"It's January, but it's February in two weeks."

"So the February Week Holiday is is three weeks then?"

"Something like that, Father says that he would like you to come and stay at ours for the week again, but I told him you wouldn't be well enough by then."

"I guess."

"So I told him- I mean, Father told me to stay and look after you while everyone goes back to their family for the week. Madame Pomfrey has arranged for the Slytherin Dungeons to be cleared you for us so that we can stay there, or you can stay in the teachers tower and Madame Pomfrey can arrange for the teachers to move to their other tower if you prefer."

"That sounds like far to much work, the Slytherin Dungeons, have they already been arranged?"

"Yes, but we can change-"

"No, it's fine. House unity is what we school are proposing after all. And I would hate to be of annoyance to the teachers."

"Great. Okay then. Also Madame Pomfrey says we can each have two friends, if you like."

"I'll have Potter and Hermione, if that's okay."

"Sure." Great. Potter was one thing, but both of them? I exhaled deeply. And why would I want to share with that mudblood?

"Unless you would rather I picked Parkinson and Susan Bones."

"No, please don't. Parkinson won't leave me alone and Bones is a Hufflepuff for Merlin's sake."

"What do you hold against Hufflepuff?"

"The fact that I can't stand them and if I were in Hufflepuff, I would leave for Durmstrang, or so father says."

"Sorry, what was that last part... or so Father..." She teased me.

"You heard me. And don't make me repeat things either."

"Sorry what was that you said?" She cupped her right ear playfully and then she winced.

"Is is sore, Scarhead?" I asked as my smirk climbed back onto my face.

"Not as painful as your face will be when I slap it. I'm warning you Malfoy."

"Madame Pomfrey gave me a sleeping potion to give you if you became restless, I think I will give it a go..."

"Malfoy, come on... that isn't fair."

"What was that, Potter? I thought I heard something like 'I love you, Malfoy'."

"Well then you definitely misheard Malfoy because-"

"Drink this, Potter. Either that or tell me you love me."

She drank it with all her might. Then the other Potter walked in, along with his two sidekicks.

"What do you want?" I sneered.

"To see my sister, is she awake?"

"Yes." A voice replied which again, wasn't my own.

"Holly, how does Harry look to you?"

"He doesn't look to well, and frankly, his hair is very messy."

"What did you do to her, Malfoy."

"Chill, it's just some-"

"Some what?"

"Veritaserum." Hermione butted in like the mudblood know-it-all that she was.

"I don't recall asking the mudblood for an answer." I spat.

"Don't call her that." Weasley clenched his fist.

"What are you going to do about it, Weasel?"

I turned to Holly, her eyes were blue and her hair was blonde. Stupid Metamorphagus.

"Holly, do you want us to be alone when I ask you some... personal questions."

"You foul cockroach! You can't expect us to leave when you've put her in this state!"

"Shut it, mudblood."

"Can they leave if you are going to ask personal questions." Holly smiled at Potter, Weasel and Granger, giving them their cue to leave.

"Malfoy, it didn't work." She stated.

"Well let's try it anyway," I paused in search for a question to ask. "Let's play twenty questions."

"How about no."

"I'll start... What's your favourite drink?"

"That's easy... Pumpkin Juice."

"Not Butterbeer?"

"Nope.That's you had two questions, now it's my go." Boy, this Potter could toy around.