CHAPTER 35 - Unsettled Opinions

I balanced my head in my knotted hands.

"Don't be a fool, Potter. You remember what happened. I know you do."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, Malfoy." I stammered.

"Oh, grow UP! D'you honestly think I'm going to go tell McGonagall. Just spit it out! I still have some veritaserum if I need it!" Draco was becoming unnerved and the thought of what he could make me say sent a nasty shiver down my spine.

"All I remember is a stone. And a voice wanting that stone. I don't think you're interested in a door and some stairs."

"The door that you saw when I woke you up?"

"Yes! But no. I was already past the door in my dream. I had sung to this monster and then I went down a trap door; but my vision became blurred and I guess that's where the dream came to a halt."

"Was there anyone else in the dream - I mean other than the voice?"

"I passed Snape and Quirrell, if that's what you mean."

"Holly, this isn't normal."

"Do you think i didn't know that already? I'm worried that the voice will control me and make me do stuff beyond what either of us can imagine put together. I'm scared I'll wake up in the morning and find I'm a criminal - all because I couldn't fight a stupid voice inside my head-"

"Holly, who ever the voice belongs to, they are obviously not stupid. And they will try and hurt you. You need to be more careful. I can't let you just- just die for -"

"And why do you care? Maybe it's Voldemort. And maybe I want to join him. Maybe I want to help. Maybe-"

"That's too many maybes, if you ask me."

"Well I wasn't asking you, in fact, I wasn't even asking you to come looking for me tonight, Malfo-"

"I saved your skin back there, you know that? Without me, you'd probably be dead."

"No. Personally, I think I would be very much alive. And if you told me what your father's so called "plan" is then maybe we could put a stop to this. or is that NOT what you want? Cause a moment ago, I thought I heard you say you couldn't let me die."

"Oh shut up, Scarface!"

Sadly, then our conversation was drawn to a close as we heard the swift movements of McGonagall nearing the office. She paced in with Harry, Ron and Hermione at her tail.

Harry threw a questioning look at me.

"Sorry." I mouthed guiltily. I elbowed Draco as his frown turned into a snigger and a sly smirk. He simply entangled his leg around mine, realising the effect this would have on my brother. After that, I just gave up.

"All five of you are to receive detention."

"I think I misheard you, Professor. You see, Holly and I-"

"Were out of your dormitories without consent, if I understand correctly."

Draco grabbed me by the arm as Ron and Hermione were excused.

"I'm just trying to help, its the February week soon. You aren't supposed to be walking at all! Never mind around the school at night - ALONE!"

"You don't decide what I can and cannot do, Malfoy."

"Maybe. But I have a strong input. I don't want you getting hurt. You can't get hurt, for the plan to work, I mean."

"Wait-what?"

"I didn't say anything, " Malfoy panicked.

"Now, Harry,you may leave. But I wish to speak to you two a little while longer."

harry exited glumly, peering round his shoulder to look at us before he left, betrayal painted all over his face. Draco noticed and grabbed my waist to pull be in closer. Instead of giving in, however, I put a firm hand on his arm and broke free of his chain. Now just wasn't the time.

"I will escort you to your new living quarters."

"But Professor, I thought that wasn't to take place until the holidays! Plus all my bags are up in my dorm and people will begin to worry-" I began to argue.

"I will inform your fellow classmates and have your bags with you by the morning. This is a matter of your own security, Potter. I put my faith in Malfoy's arms. You'll be okay until you are fully capable of walking."

"Professor, that could be weeks- months even!" I exclaimed.

"And you will be thankful for it."

I groaned in unison with Draco, finally we agree on something. McGonagall fashioned a wheelchair for my use ("This is only for school corridor use, once in your quarters, the wheelchair will turn itself into crutches to be used at your own leisure.").

And at that, Draco wheeled me off to our new living space, with instructions from McGonagall. I put my hands on my hips in fury and felt something soft. It was my Father's.

It was the Invisibility Cloak.