A Date To Be Saved

As the door burst open, I jumped in my chair with fright. A dark, greasy haired creature paced into the room, giving off the feeling of despair. A dementor?

Nope. Professor Snape, whoops!

Dumbledore's words still bounced off the walls in my head.

As Professor Snape questioned Harry, I doodles on my parchment, drawing what appeared to be a green dragon with white stripes.
"Let's rearrange the seating, seeing as Mister Potter might enjoy the company of our Miss Granger a little too much.

"Let's see..." Snape began, droning out names and assigning the names seats and so it went on.

As if by magic, the seats changed and the class was rearranged into the order Snape had depicted.

"In fact, no. I don't want double trouble in the front row, Holly move next to Draco, and please STOP DOODLING of precious parchment, thank you. I said move girl, is your head in the clouds?"

Humiliated, I stayed sitting as still as a statue, refusing, no, protesting against the decision. But then my legs began to move without my consent, and soon I was sat next to that slimy, son of a squib, Malfoy.

"Partner work today, turn to page 7 and begin."

My body continued to move without any self-control.

Stupid Snape. At least I could still talk and think for myself.

"No stop. Don't be so idiotic! You're doing it wrong. It specifically underlines the word 'CUT' not 'SQUISH IT AS IF THE KILLING CURSE WON'T DO IT'!" Malfoy slapped my hand hard, making me drop my knife.

"Shush, Malfoy. Don't make me hex you." I recorded, sneering as best I could.

"Doubt you would dare." Malfoy hissed through gritted teeth.

"Oh, yeah? Griffindor are the brave after all."

"Do you believe everything talking hat's tell you?"

"Oh, I forgot they were as common as muck, like you and your son of a squibs and bloody barons, guess that means all hats lie!" I slammed my knife into the table, if he really wants hexed then I'll... and that's when the idea came to me.

"Meet me in the Forbidden Forrest tonight, alone"

"Will do, let me just pop that in my diary, wouldn't want to miss it for the sake of the ministry." He smirked as he teased me.

Malfoy took out his hand for me to shake. I quickly put some of the Stinging Wallbee Wax into a Shake Box that Fred and George had given he earlier, it was made for these things!

Just as I shook his hand, I quickly ran out the room with all my belongings in tow and ran away as fast as I could before the screams started.

I continued to swiftly walk down the corridor, intending to reach the Griffindor Common Room with my actions unnoticed. But instead Professor McGonagall interrupted my path.

"Miss Potter, Mister Malfoy requires that you see him immediately in the hospital wing."

"I'll see him later." I lied as I tried to walk away.

"You miss understand my meaning of immediately, Miss Potter. He wishes to see you now."

"Of course." I said through gritted teeth knowing I would regret the decision later as I turned on my heels and prepared my speech to Professor Snape as to why it was not me that hurt Malfoy.

As I stormed into the hospital wing due to my bad mood, Madame Pomfrey followed me and began to make conversation.

"Here to see Draco, are you? Poor boy, a horrible prank to play on such a kind lad."I sheepishly strutted in, trying to denounce my presence.

"Well, well, well..." Malfoy grinned for the first time at school, it felt rather unnatural.

"What's with the necessities, cut to the chase Malfoy." I hissed back along with a mouthful of spit as I over pronounced my words.

"I'm just enjoying the moment while it lasts.
You see, I, the victim, have the upper hand in this situation, I told Professor Snape that I had touched the remnants of the Stinging Wallbee Wax on the table while I was cleaning up, but if you don't do as I ask you, I might just let it slip to Snape that YOU did it and it was by no means an accident."

"What do I have to do to please you, sire." I spat. I turned around to look out the window, allowing my back to be turned to show that I could not care less.

"I was thinking that you could help me, you see, I am not doing so well in Charms, and father will-"

"I honestly don't care whether you fail a stupid class or not, I'd rather kiss the giant squid to be frank." I was only speaking the truth.

"Okay then, I guess Snape will just have to give up this Saturday morning to keep you in detention, dear, dear. I wonder where your loyalties lie..." Malfoy tutted, I suddenly understood what he meant. I gasped, he wouldn't, not the first match of the season, not when I was playing, not against Slytherin.

"You wouldn't..."

"Oh, but I think you will find I would take great pleasure in doing so..." He tutted slowly, emphasising every sound.

"You wouldn't dare..."

"Wouldn't dare what, Potter?" Snape.

"Erm, well, you see-"

"Potter spilled that Wax stuff and got it on her robes, too. Then she walked away and her robe brushed against my hand." Malfoy blurted out, why did he cover for me?

"Detention, Potter, this Saturday morning, my office. Maybe I can have you cleaning up a few of my potions and writing lines and records e-t-c-e-t-e-r-a." Snape hummed to me in monotone.

And at that, he turned on his heels and left, after which I stared at Malfoy with a thousand questions in my head.

Not now. I told myself.

At that point, after a minute or so, I too spun on my toes and left the hospital wing, my thoughts clouded by Malfoy.