Chapter 44

I woke up in a daze the next morning to a bright sun shining in my eyes. Someone was standing in the middle of it.
"Professor Dumbledore?" I wheezed.
"Oh Holly, your awake! I was just up here and talking to Harry-"
"Harry's here?"
"I'm afraid he just left."
"Oh." I sighed.
I looked greedily at the trolley of treats in front of me. There was also a big bouquet of white roses lying on the chest of drawers next time bed.
"I must say that you received a considerably bigger number of gifts from the pupils. Mainly all from Draco though."
I pursed my lips.
"It's an unusual sense of house unity between you and Draco which is always nice to see."
"Who left the roses?"
"The Malfoy family came to visit and their house elf Dobby had picked them, of course this is not to be told to the Malfoys as Dobby had to sneak them in with him against his masters orders."
"How sweet..." I giggled.
"I'm afraid as you are still not fully recovered, you're will be missing the last feast and the house cup presentation."
"Pop me in a wheelchair, I can't miss this."
"Very well, if that's what you really want."
"It is."
Dumbledore fashioned a wheelchair using his wand and with a whisk of his wand I was being moved through the great halls to my new sleeping quarters where I was with Draco. The door opened and I was brought inside.
I moved to my room and threw on my Gryffindor robes.
"Welcome back." Draco greeted me with open arms, but I ignored him.
"Listen Holly, I'm-"
"You knew..." I whispered emptily.
"I'm sorry." Was all he said as he slumped onto my bed next to me.
"If I could go back in time and tell you, I would. But time turners are illegal." He joked. I laughed and rested my head in his chest.
"You coming to this feast or not?"
"Of course I am!" I slapped his arm playfully.

He pushed me in my wheelchair to the back of the hall and sat me next to Hermione as he made his way to the Slytherin table."
All through dinner, I kept catching Malfoy looking at me. I smiled.
"Now time to announce this years house cup winners," Dumbledore began.
"In fourth place we have Gryffindor
In third place is Hufflepuff
Second place Racenclaw
And the house cup is awarded to Slytherin."
The Slytherin table cheered. I turned round and stuck my tongue out at Draco jokingly.
"However, recent events must be taken into account
For immense use of her intelligence, Hermione Granger receives forty points for Gryffindor house
Ronald Weasley receives another forty points for the best game of chess ever played at Hogwarts
Harry Potter redeems 50 points for Gryffindor for dedication and bravery
And finally Holly Potter receives 50 points for quick reference thinking in a tricky situation and being able to outsmart an incredibly dangerous wizard. Therefore, according to my calculations Gryffindor win the house cup!" Dumbledore concluded with a proud clap.
As we exited Draco came to help me into my chair.
"Favouritism." Draco teased.
"Your just a sore loser." I played along.
"And that's why I'll never loose you."I felt my cheeks begin to heat up as he planted a kiss on my temple.
"Did I make you blush?" He teased again.
"I don't know what your talking about." I retaliated.
"Of course you don't." He mumbled. I punched his arm jokingly.
"That's it!" He threw me onto the couch and started tickling me.
"Stop!!" I squealed as I giggled uncontrollably. He just smiled and kissed my lips.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked in his eyes.
"How does it feel?"
"What, being in love?" He asked sweetly.
"No, loosing the house cup!" I laughed and sprinted to my room.