Chapter 43

We made our way to the next room which tinkled and shimmered as little wings flew gracefully around the room. I was admiring the way they flew so innocently and care free whilst Ron, Hermione and Harry were talking about ways to get through. I turned around an examined the broom stick.
"Harry, your the youngest seeker in a century. These keys are just the golden snitches. Ron told us earlier which one was the key we needed. Mind you, this seems too little too easy."
"It does seem too simple." Harry murmured.
"Oh go on Harry! Give it a go at least!"
"Okay"
Harry grabbed the broomstick and the keys turned quickly to face him. in a whirlwind of keys, Harry flew trying to swat away the very violent keys which had seemed harmless minutes before.
After some whizzing and flying, Harry caught the key and we moved on to the next room.

We entered and I looked around. I saw stone figures organised in front of us on a black and white board. I instantly recognised what this was. Harry and Hermione were still figuring it out when Ron and I stated simultaneously, "It's a chess board." I gulped down my nerves after the words left my mouth.

Ron made his way to the knight square and I became a pawn. This was going to be difficult.
As the game was drawing to a close, I could see a clear win in sight for us. But I realised I couldn't make him do it. I couldn't.
"Ron." I whispered as his fate echoed around the walls. I glanced at his with a pained expression.
"You simply can't! There must be another way!" Hermione exclaimed. But I sighed in defeat, knowing it had to be done.
Ron sacrificed himself and Harry checked the King. Hermione went to check on Ronald and Harry grabbed my hand.
"Harry I can't-"
"Well I can't go alone." I shook my head in protest but he hauled me along.
Harry opened the next door and I rushed in.
"You! But- but it can't be!"
"Who is it Harry?" I asked because black dots invaded my vision.
"Professor Quirrell." Harry bit his lip.
"But you said it was-"

"Professor Snape. Yes.... Does seem like the type doesn't he? Who would ever suspect p-p-poor s-stuttering Professor Quirrell?" He laughed menacingly and turned around from the mirror of erised (I recognised it easily enough) to face his challengers.

"Funny thing about the villains, Quirell, they're usually caught. But you stayed quiet. Of course, it all makes sense. All you had to do was act the victim and so innocent. Then bring a mountain troll into the school and stay behind in the Great Hall, so when everyone else is distracted by the danger, you could easily get in. But Snape knew about your little secret and turned you away. It wouldn't have been safe to back. But then that means you used me to find out what you needed. That's why I had those dreams, you wee snooping around and then we're going to use me to claim the stone."

"Very well done, Holly. But you got one minor detail wrong," He began to unwrap his hair turban. "It may have been my body moving around and controlling you but-"
"Turn around you fool, let me speak to her." A voice commanded.
"But master... you're not strong enough." He cowered.
"I have strength for thissss." He hissed the last word and Quirell obliged, turning around to reveal the horror. Harry and I both reached for our scars at the same time at the same sudden pricks of pain. I knew it was the Dark Lord. This was a plan. We were all a part of the plan Draco spoke about. I had an idea. I began to laugh mockingly and pointed my wand to the face.

"You!" I exclaimed.
"Stand in front of the mirror Harry and tell me what you see." The nightmare hissed.
I shook my head ever so slightly to warn Harry to be careful.
He lied as he looked in the mirror and I saw the stone drop into his pocket.

"My lord," Voldemort looked at me victoriously. "If you drank the unicorn blood, this is only a half life. but as I understand it your soul is more than halved. If you could possibly forgive my clear wrong doings here. I could help the cause. I have precious information" I kneeled on one knee as I spoke to him.

"You have displayed great intelligence which would be valued, Potter. But one question bothers me and I must ask why you care to volunteer yourself?" he hissed.
"I do not care for filthy mudbloods, you know how they can be. And together we could possibly bring the wizard world into your hands. But you need me. I am your only weapon left."
"This wouldn't have anything to do with Draco?" He looked into my eyes and I felt myself remember the kiss.
"I thought so," he spoke "But maybe if he was gone you would not be weak anymore. Draco is you weakness."
"I have no weaknesses. He means nothing to me." I lied.
"Prove it." A different voice spoke. It sounded so familiar.
"Draco?"
"Prove it." Voldemort jeered.
"I have nothing to prove." I seethed.
"Prove your loyalty." He spat.
"How?"
"Easy. Kiss Ron." I knotted my brows to together in disgust.
"Not in a million years." I laughed.
"Then I'll leave it up to you." He whispered in my ear.
"Kill me." I sneered.
"And spoil the fun? I think I'll stick to the old torture curse. Crucio."
But prepared myself for a pain that never arrived.
"You're not even worthy enough of your own powers, my lord. " The black dots in my vision began to join up.
I brought my hand to his face and smiled wickedly as I heard my hand meet his face. I looked up to view the damage and realised that his face was crumbling. Quirrell was dying.
"Now!" I shouted as Harry and I charged towards the crumbling body.
Soon I had completely lost my vision. But I heard Draco calling my name and someone picking up my limp body.