Chapter 29 - Quidditch with Questions

Malfoy escorted me back to the hospital wing, with a look of utter disgust on his face.

"Can't get away from here, can you?" Madame Pomfrey sighed. She waved her wand and relieved me of Ron's hex.

"It's Saturday, Holly."

"Don't remind me."

"I promised I'd watch the Quidditch match with Crabbe and Goyle. It's only a practice match though."

"Okay. Who are Slytherin playing?"

"Griffindor."

No sooner had Malfoy had me beck in the hospital bed, I was back up on my feet.

"That means I'm playing!"

"First years aren't allowed to play. With the exception of Perfect Potter of course."

"Magonagall made an exception for both Potters, I'm Chaser!"

"That's even more unfair!"

"Are you leaving or not?" I snapped with venom.

"Y-yes... But you still need crutches to walk, how on earth will you get on a broom and fly... In sleet as well!"

"I have my ways. Now go! I need to get dressed." Malfoy didn't budge.

"I am going to wait... Right here." He sat down in the Visitor's seat. I huffed.

"Make yourself comfortable then." I closed my curtains and changed into my Quidditch strip which I took from my trunk beside my bed.

"Ready?" Malfoy asked as I reopened the opaque curtains.

"Almost." I scooped up my hair and tied it in some red ribbon.

"Can we go now?" Malfoy begged impatiently.

"No. I'm not done. Besides, I told you you could go already."

"What else is there to do?"

"This." I held up my necklace which Father had given to me for my birthday, the one with the tiny golden snitch with fluttering wings. My fingers fidgeted as I tried without grace or success to put the clasp through at the back.

"Let me." Malfoy grabbed both ends and carefully fixed them together. "There." He cooed gently in my ear and I could even feel the triumphant smirk growing on his face. We wandered off together, but after a few steps I fell, due to the lack of crutches. I stood up again, dusted off my clothes and made a grab for my crutches.

"It'll be quicker if I carry you, Potter."

"Why thank you, noble prince."

"Don't get used to it, these chances don't come by often."

"So you keep telling me." I smiled cheekily.

As we arrived at the Quidditch pitch, Harry made his way over to us.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?" Harry glared.

"Transporting your star player to the match, or would you rather I hadn't brought her, considering she is still incapable of walking without assistance."

"I'm warning you, Malfoy. Don't mess with my sister."

"Since when did you care what I did?"

"Yeah, since when did what I do concern you, Harry. I know we're siblings. But you aren't taking care of me. Draco is."

"Since when was he 'Draco' to you?"

"What does that have to do with anything. With any of this?"