Chapter 9 - Detention With An Unwanted Guest

I hated Malfoy's guts. If I could Avada Kedavera him to the moon and back, I would, I really would.

What's worse is that I have a detention with Snape whilst the first match of the Quidditch season, which I was meant to be playing Chaser in along with Katie Bell! I wanted to be out there so badly, I wanted to be engulfed in the shouts and cheers of the crowds and houses as the wind rippled through my hair. It took all that I had in me to get myself from the Gryffindor Common Room to Snape's algae filled office without making the unearthly decision to miss it and go to the match.

As I reluctantly pushed open the door, Snape turned around in his chair. Only it wasn't Snape.

It was Malfoy.

"Potter... How nice to see you, have a seat..." As he spat these loathsome words full of fire and hatred with a hint of envy, with a swish of his wand, a chair knocked the back of my knees, forcing me to sit down. As I did so, he swished his wand again. I couldn't move, but I could talk.

"Get me out of here." I breathed hesitating every word, elongating every breath, procrastinating my screams and shouts of detest.

"Don't think about using that tone with me. It appears you forever seem to be at a disadvantage. To me." He whispered in my ear.

As he circled around my chair, like a snake choosing how to pounce upon it's prey, I squirmed uncomfortably in my chair. I yelped in agony. I looked down at my arms as I felt a burning sensation in my veins. I opened my mouth in fear at what I saw. Blood and burns.

"Yes, yes. I see you are hurt," he pressed his wand to my bleeding veins, I gasped for air as I tried to stay conscious, Crabbe and Goyle laughed from either side, I hadn't seen them arrive "But which hurts more?" At that point, he raised his finger and brushed back my hair and pushed his index finger into my scar. It burned, no, it was caught up in fire and smoke. How could I play this situation for my advantage for once.

"Let me help you with your charms, Malfoy." I winced, needing to focus all my energy on 8 merciful, pitiful words.

"It's too late for that, Potter. I will let you go practically untouched if..." he paused, waiting on me to make eye contact, but I would not give mim that advantage, that power to control me. Then he uttered 4 words into my ear and I took my chance to escape and grabbed my wand as I struck the bookcase with a spell. The Book of Spells so fast he gave up blocking them, maybe he would learn more that way. He slowly approached me and I froze under his gaze, but actually more like a mentally casted spell. I wish I could use those. He held some strands of my hair in his hands and combed his fingers through it attentively. He was just deciding on his next move in this big game of wizards chess as it were. Next, he lifted his wand and made my hair match his, it became platinum blonde.

But he wasn't done, he turned the ends green to mark his victory. I finally gained movement again.

Just as I was about to shout Densaugeo, Snape walked in.