πέντε(Five)

Ahkmenrah's POV

I felt everyone's eyes on me and Katalina as we kissed. We finally separate and everything was quiet. No music, no one talking, no one eating. Everyone was staring at us. I took Katalina's hand and lead her to a balcony. She hasn't said anything to me yet. That worries me.

We got out onto the balcony and she took off my crown and put it back on my head and leaned slightly over the balcony not looking at me.

"Katalina?" I whispered quietly and she didn't move. I went next to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Me I am okay, they are not okay." Relief washed over me when I knew she was okay with me kissing her. I was afraid I had scared her enough to make her leave. "I have liked you for a while now." She said. I smiled knowing she felt the same as I felt.

"I have felt the same way." I held her hand in mine as we leaned over the balcony and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"This is why I had said to send her away," Kahmunrah snapped making us turn and face him.

"Kah I cannot help who I fall in love with."

"But you are supposed to marry a princess or a queen. This is why I should have been pharaoh and not you. I went through the training, not you."

"I did have training. Father taught me."

"Not as much as me. I have been training since 5 years old-"

"For war! You are in training to start a war with a country. Let us have our peace for once."

"You think there is going to be peace with her!?" He shouted pointing at Katalina. There are now people from inside watching us.

"Yes. Why would there be a war for her being here?" I asked confused. Before he answered he stormed away. I looked at Katalina. She looked terrified. The people were still watching. "The banquet is over." I took Katalina's hand and pulled her into my room. "You may stay in here with me tonight. Kahmunrah is crazy. Don't know what he'd do."

"Okay." She said. We laid down and she put her head on my chest. Shortly after we both fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt the bed shift suddenly. I woke up and saw it was still dark. I didn't see Katalina. I heard someone getting sick. I got up and went to the noise.

"Katalina?" I looked down and saw her sitting and crying. I went down to her level. "Do you want to come back to bed? Are you better now?" I asked. She nodded sniffling. I picked her up and we went back to lay down. I was just sitting while holding her in my lap. After a while a could hear her breathing even out. I laid myself down with her head in my chest. And fell back asleep.

Katalina got up 6 times last night. It is morning and she is still sleeping. I want her to rest. I felt her forehead. It was really warm. She does have a fever. I slowly got up. I think I should get the royal doctor. Maybe he can give her something. I laid her down on the bed and was about to leave.

"No, don't leave me Ahkmenrah." I heard Katalina's weak voice say and I felt her grab my hand.

"Katalina, I will be right back, I am going to get the doctor. He can give you something to make you better. She slowly let go of my hand and nodded.

I quickly left the room and sped walked to the royal doctor. I don't want to leave Katalina alone for too long. Especially being she didn't want me to leave.

"King Ahkmenrah, is something the matter?" He asked seeing me in my rushed state.

"Katalina is not feeling well. She has been sick all night long. Do you have anything for her?" I asked.

"Yes of course I have something." I watched him look through some stuff and mix some things together. "Here this should help her. She may still get sick but it will reduce the fever."

"Thank you so much." I said. He nodded and I took it back to Katalina....until I was stopped by Kahmunrah.

"Brother, where are you going in such a rush?" He asked stopping directly in front of me.

"Katalina is sick. I have to get this to her." I managed to push past him and back to my room and found Katalina asleep. I lightly woke her up. "Drink this. It will make you less hot." She shook her head no. "Katalina, you should take this. It will make you better." I said.

"I don't want to Ahkmenrah, the stuff in Greece doesn't work. Why will your stuff work?" She asked her voice scratchy.

"It doesn't work in Greece?" She shook her head no. "Does this happen a lot?" I asked her.

"Every few months. I just get sick. No one knows why." She said.

"What makes you better?"

"I just sleep. And in a few days, it stops." She said closing her eyes. I sat next to her and let her sleep peacefully for a while at least.

A few hours later she woke up. And didn't get sick. She just moved so she was sitting up and now using my shoulder as a pillow.

"How are you feeling? Your fever has gone down."

"Δεν αισθάνεται Αγγλικά σήμερα. (Not feeling English today.)" She said in Greek. I don't even know what she said. I rubbed her arm in a comforting manner.

"Katalina, I cannot understand you," I said gently. I heard her sniffle. I looked over and saw her crying. "Hey, it's okay, what happened?" I asked.

"I don't want to think English today. I don't feel good." She said hiccuping through her tears.

"Shhh, it's okay. But you should probably stop crying, it will make you sick again." I said. She nodded and stopped crying shortly after. I also felt her forehead again and her fever went back up. I also noticed that she fell back asleep. I laid her on the bed and looked outside seeing it was dark.

I decided I should sleep too. I laid next to Katalina, kissed her forehead, and tried sleeping.