Τριάντα(Thirty)

Ahkmenrah's POV

"Hey Ahk, no Katalina?" Larry asked coming into my exhibit. I shook my head no.

"She is with Sacagawea. They are talking about the wedding tomorrow," I said smiling at him.

"Oh right, what are you wearing?" He asked me. I looked down.

"This is all I have, so it's either this or the wrappings," I said joking. "Did you tell the rest of the museum that we're getting married? And that the wedding is tomorrow night?"

"I have not, I was hoping to do that with you and Katalina." I nodded in agreement. And after that Sacagawea and Katalina came in. Katalina walked over to me. "Well let's go make an announcement," Larry said and we all walked out. Katalina and I holding hands.

Larry walked over to the balcony and we followed and saw people walking around and talking to one another.

"Hey everyone, we have an announcement, if you could come here please that would be great thanks," Larry said and soon people and animals came to the lobby to hear what Larry was going to say. "Okay so, Ahkmenrah and Katalina would like to get married here at the museum, and they would like to do it tomorrow." The people were quiet and then everyone was cheering.

I've never known people could be so happy about something. Everyone started coming over to us and hugging us and congratulating us. This is the best feeling I've ever had.

"So guys! We have a lot of preparations that have to go into this! So let's get this place ready for a wedding." Larry yelled over everyone else.

Everyone then went to work and started getting stuff ready. People were sewing, and making everything so unique to their culture. I cannot wait for tomorrow.

Katalina and I took hands and tried to help other people with what they were doing, but almost everyone told us no, and that because we're going to be married tomorrow, that we should just rest before tomorrow.

We found ourselves in the security office where Larry was. He was eating. I went and sat on the couch. Katalina went to Larry.

"What is it that you're eating?" She asked him looking at him. I looked over and watched them.

"This is a Hot Pocket."

"Hot Pocket? What is it?"

Larry's POV

I really like Katalina and getting to know her. So when Ahkmenrah and Katalina walked into the room I was happy. She always asks questions and they make me smile because I don't get asked questions about the modern world. And then I'm not the one asking all the questions.

"What is it that you're eating?" She asked looking at my Hot Pocket.

"This is a Hot Pocket."

"Hot Pocket? What is it?" I set it on the plate and cut it open for her to see.

"It has bread around it and this one has ham and cheese in it. But there are a lot of different flavors."

"And it is good?"

"Kind of. It feeds me and it's fast and easy."

"You do not enjoy this Hot Pocket?" I shook my head no. "But how do you make it hot? It is hot correct?" I nodded my head and chuckled lightly at her.

"It is hot, and I make it hot by putting it in the microwave," I pointed to the microwave. "And it starts and heats it up." When she was done asking her questions she went back and sat with Ahkmenrah who had been watching us quietly.

When I finished my diner I looked over and saw Katalina asleep and using Ahkmenrah as a pillow.

"Does she fall asleep often?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "I wanted to show her something but it can wait until tomorrow." I then started to get up and leave.

Ahkmenrah's POV

I was sitting in the security office with Katalina looking down at her as she slept. Sometimes it's upsetting that she doesn't stay awake at night with me. I wish she'd stay up with me.

I do not wish to wake Katalina so I stayed in the office and read a book. But I wish she would do things with me. I saw Larry come into the room again.

"It's almost dawn." He looked at me giving me a sympathetic look. I shook Katalina awake and walked her to her sarcophagus. She hugged me and kissed my cheek.

It was the same routine as every other night. Then I would help her into her sarcophagus and shut it and go to my room. But tonight I decided I would stay to talk to her for a little while.

"Katalina," I whispered. "We get married tomorrow," I said smiling. She looked up at me and smiled as well. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course Ahkmenrah." I kissed her forehead and held her hand.

"Why do you sleep during the night? I don't get to see you during the day so I want to see you during the night we have together. Do you still like me?"

"Of course! I love you Ahkmenrah." She said sitting up. "I don't know why I fall asleep because I don't know why I am always very tired at night. Aren't you?"

"That is true. I am always tired. And it makes sense." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Ahkmenrah, you need to get back, I mean no offense but I don't really want to pick up bones," Larry said.

"Right, goodnight Katalina. I am sorry I thought something wrong."

"It's fine. Good morning." She said and laid down. Larry closed the lid and walked me to mine. I got into the case and Larry closed the lid and I then felt nothing at all.