έντεκα(Eleven)

Ahkmenrah's POV

I woke up with a smile. I opened my eyes to my bed empty. I frowned. I wish neither of us was so busy. I got up and put my crown on and went into the throne room.

"I can't believe you get to marry her. You are a spoiled child," Kahmunrah said annoyed. "And if you marry her she will be next for the throne unless you have a child. More I will just have to wait for."

"I can't control father's decisions. I did not choose myself as pharaoh. He chose me."

"You probably badgered him into giving you the throne." He scoffed at me.

"I did none of that. I thought you would b-" I was interrupted by the alarm for sandstorms. I quickly went away from Kahmunrah and started to shut the windows and doors from the outside.

I don't know where Katalina is and that's worrying me. I saw Nefer walking by and I went to him.

"Do you know where Katalina is?" I asked him. He pointed and I turned and saw her. She appeared to be looking for me. I went over to her.

"What is happening?" She asked confused and scared.

"There is a sandstorm coming."

"What is a sandstorm?" She asked. I took her and pulled her up to my room. When I got in there I closed the balcony door and the windows.

"It is when the wind gets really strong and it lifts up sand. And everyone has to stay inside." I said. I took the candles out of my room and went to the hall where the torches are and lit them. I brought them back into my room.

"What do we do until it is done?" She asked. I sat on my bed next to her.

"We just wait."

"How long do they last?"

"Depends. Sometimes long sometimes short." She nodded and leaned on me. "I think Kahmunrah is going to do something."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Something bad. Or mean." She hugged me.

"Don't worry about him. He's just jealous." I know he is jealous. He's been jealous of me ever since I became pharaoh.

Katalina and I sat in silence until the wind really picked up and started blowing harshly throwing sand against the palace. Katalina leaned closer to me because of it. The wind is very loud.

"How often do sandstorms happen?" She asked scooting closer to me and laying her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead.

"Um, they don't happen too often. But often enough where we have protection for the citizens living here."

"Where do the citizens go to be safe?"

"They're allowed in the palace. In the throne room. We provide them with food and water and blankets until the storm is over. I came up with that," I said proudly.

"It sounds like something you would do. I mean where else could they go?"

"Exactly," I said and she giggled a little. I pulled her into my lap and she smiled. "Where were you this morning?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I was with the seamstress. She was making beautifications to my dress. Adding details and wanted to make sure I was okay with it." She said. I nodded.

"Did you like them?" She nodded.

"I love the dress." She said. I smiled at her cuteness and hugged her.

"Tomorrow we will have to help the people with damages done to their properties. Or I will."

"I would like to help too." She said sitting up. "I would feel bad if I did not. Do you ever go down by them while they're in here?"

"If they want me to. Otherwise, I stay up in my room." She sat up. I assuming she is going to ask more questions.

"Can I teach you how to play a game?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. I wasn't expecting that.

"What game?" I asked.

"κότσια. In a rough translation is knucklebones. I think," She said. "I will go to my room and be back." She got up and left and about 5 minutes later she was back. "I apologize. The people wanted to talk to me."

"It is fine. Now show me how to play this game." I said smiling. She sat down on my bed and put down 5 little pieces of...something. "What are these?" She sat on the ground and motioned for me to sit down with her.

"They are the sheep's knucklebones. My mother sent them with me for good luck. And now I am using them for a game," She smiled and taught me how to play.

"And now I am on step four?" I asked her. She shook her head no.

"No you're still on step three, you have to pick up three, and do a sweep. That means you have to push them on the floor." I picked up the three and pushed them on the floor. This game is very confusing. But Katalina is very kind about me not knowing. We continued to play and I started to understand what was happening. Then Katalina started to get sick of the game.

"This game nobody wins. It is a play forever game. I do not want to play anymore."

"Now I can show you, Mehan. It is my favorite game from my childhood." I showed her how to play and we played for what felt like hours. Katalina learned very easily.

It was very fun watching her play the game. I never meant to have her win, but I always got distracted by her laughing and having fun.

"I like this game very much. We never played anything like this." She smiled at me and came by me. I kissed her for a little while and then she pulled at and stared off into the distance.

"Do you hear that?" She asked. I listened really quietly trying not to make much noise.

"I do not hear anything," I said confused. She got up and went to the balcony and opened the door a crack before opening it all the way. She stepped outside.

"The storm is done," She said. I got up and followed her. "Oh no, the city," She said pointing.