Τριάντα δύο(Thirty Two)

Nicky's POV

I walked into the museum just as the tablet started glowing and went right to Katalina's room. I walked in and she turned and saw me.

"You are ready for your lesson?" She asked. I nodded my head excitedly. She then sat on the ground and motioned for me to sit as well. "I think we should start with basics yes?" I nodded my head again. " Okay, so, Γεια ττώς είσαι." She said in Greek. I just stared at her. "It means hello, how are you. Now you try."

We practiced with the same sentence for a little while where she would say it and I would repeat it. Until I finally got it right. She smiled and cheered for me.

"You've got it. Now. Go find Ahkmenrah, your father, and Teddy and say it to them." She said. We stood up and she followed me until I found my dad. She stopped and motioned for me to tell him.

" Γεια ττώς είσαι." I said to him. He looked at me blankly. I looked back at Katalina.

"Ναι ττολύ καλά!" She said smiling. She had taught me earlier that, that means; Yes, very good. I smiled and we left my dad standing there not understanding. Next, we found Ahkmenrah.

"Γεια ττώς είσαι."

"Είμαι καλά και ττώς είσαι(I am fine and how are you)?" Ahkmenrah asked me. I looked at him not answering. I don't know what he said.

"Μην είστε κακοί, Ahkmenrah. Δεν ξέρει ττολλά ακόμα.(Do not be mean, Ahkmenrah. He doesn't know much yet)." Katalina scolded looking at Ahkmenrah "Nicky you were fine. Ahkmenrah είναι αττλώς μαλάκας. (Ahkmenrah is just an asshole)."

"Αγενής... Νομίζω.(Rude... I think). Well Nick, to answer your question I am fine." Ahkmenrah said smiling at Katalina. And then he left us. Then we went to find Teddy and he had the same reaction as my dad.

"What did you say to Ahkmenrah?" I asked Katalina.

"I told him not to be mean to you because you don't know all of Greek yet. But neither does he." She said and we went back to her room and continued the lesson.

"Can we switch to Greek Mythology?" I asked her and she nodded.

"After you say something to me in Greek." She said smiling at me.

"Θα ήθελα ένα μήλο τταρακαλώ.(I would like an apple please)."

"Ναί.(Yes.) Now we can talk about the Greek gods and goddesses. Which do you want to talk about?"

"Can we start with Zeus?" I asked her.

"Of course. Zeus was the first god. And he is the god of the sky and king of the gods. But when Greece was overthrown, from what I know, and it is not much, the Romans changed the names of them."

"I can go get Octavius if you would like. He is a Roman general." She nodded her head and I left and went to find Octavius. I saw him with Jedediah and went to him. "Octavius, Katalina is teaching me about Greek Mythology and she said that the Romans changed the names of the gods."

"That is true I think. Would you like to know the Roman ones?"

"Yeah, can you come with me to Katalina?" He nodded his head and I put my hand down to carry him.

"Mind if I tagged along?" Jedediah asked and I shook my head no and he came into my hand as well and I took them to Katalina.

"Jedediah came too," I said to her.

"How far have you gotten?" Octavius asked her.

"Just to Zeus." She said.

"Wait just one minute," Jedediah said getting our attention. "You two aren't going to fight about gods, are you? Cuz if you are then imma have to back out of this." Katalina laughed a little.

"Me? Fight? I ran away from a war to Egypt. Which is a sea, an island, and another sea away from Greece." Katalina said about herself.

"Which is actually very smart," Octavius said. "But no, we will not fight." He said. We all nodded and the lesson continued. "Zeus in Rome is known as Jupiter."

"Just like the planet?" I asked.

"Actually the planet is just like the god," Octavius said. That's actually really cool.

"Okay, and I want to know about Poseidon."

"He is the God of the Sea."

"His Roman name is Neptune."

"What are your favorite gods?" I asked Katalina.

"Mine?" She looked at me confused and I nodded. "Well, I like Athena and Aphrodite, but my favorite is Dionysus."

"What are the gods of?" I asked excitedly.

"Athena is the Goddess of Wisdom, Aphrodite is the Goddess of Love, and Dionysus is the God of...Wine." She said.

"And what are their Roman names?" I asked Octavius.

"Athena is Minerva, Aphrodite is Venus, and Dionysus is Bacchus."

"And what are your, favorite gods?" I asked Octavius.

"My favorites are Juno, Diana, and I have always been interested in Proserpine."

"What do they do?"

"Juno is the Goddess of Marriage, Diana is the Goddess of the Hunt, and Proserpine is the Goddess of the Underworld."

"I thought Hades was the god of the Underworld?" I asked confused.

"Yes, but Persephone was the Goddess of agriculture, but Hades kidnapped her and took her to the Underworld to be his wife," Katalina said.

"Who is Persephone?" I asked. I am so confused right now.

"Proserpine. Persephone is her Greek name." Katalina said.

"So what are the Greek names of Juno and Diana?" I asked her.

"I think Juno is Hera, and Diana is Gaia. Wait no, Artemis." She said. "Sorry."

"Do you have any stories about the gods? That involves you?" I asked looking at her. I looked up and saw Ahkmenrah in the doorway watching us with amusement.

"Not really. My mom almost named me Athena though. But, my father said no so I could be hidden from the government longer."

"Your parents went from Athena to Katalina?" Jedediah asked and she nodded. "You definitely have to tell me your story one day." He said pointing at her.

"Of course I would love to tell you guys," She said smiling at Jed.

"Hey, guys, 5 minutes until dawn," Dad said. I took Jedediah and Octavius back to the diorama room. And then everything was quiet and still.