είκοσι(Twenty)

Kahmunrah's POV

While sitting in my room, I saw Katalina walking into my room, the suddenly she collapsed and screamed out in pain. I ran out to her to see her holding her chest above her heart in pain and tears were streaming down her cheeks as she laid on the ground. I ran out to her.

"Katalina what has happened?!" I asked. She was crying still. I have never seen her cry this much.

"Δεν μττορώ ανάσα, δεν μττορώ ανάσα!(I can't breathe, I can't breathe!)" She whisper yelled trying to breathe. Although I do not know what she is saying I think I've got it. I left her and ran to the doctor.

"Katalina cannot breath!" I yelled and we both ran to where I left her. And he went up to her and felt for her heart.

"Her heart is getting weaker and weaker." He said.

"I tried...to find Her..it but she would...not listen..to me," She said in between breaths.
"Do not waste your breath," I said to her. She nodded slowly and her skin started to turn a light blue-like color. "What is happening?" I asked the doctor frantically. "Why is she blue?!" I yelled.

"I do not know." He said honestly. He went to feel her heart again and noted to himself that it had gotten weaker than before. This is really bad. I was hoping to marry her for Ahkmenrah, but if something happens I will be unable to. I lightly kissed her forehead and she weakly tried to push me away.

"Don't," She whispered grabbing my wrist. "I do not like you. At all." She said. "I think you are bloodthirsty, and you're not a good leader, and I know you killed Ahkmenrah and pretend to miss him, and all you've ever wanted was to rule. You are not careful on what you say in Egyptian," She said. By the time she was done, she was very breathless. She doesn't like me. Why did I not know this? And nobody else by us speaks English so they don't know I killed Ahkmenrah....good. If she doesn't like me why doesn't she tell anyone.

Katalina has been laying on the ground for almost two hours. I feel as if we should maybe move her. So she can heal and not be on the floor where anyone could step on her.

"Katalina shouldn't we move you?" I asked, her eyes partially open. "You have to stay awake also." Her breath came in slow and in very long separate intakes. Her chest wise rising up and down very slowly.

I carefully picked her up and carried her to her room and laid her on the bed very slowly. I went to turn on the lamp when her soft, Whispering voice caught my attention.

"Don't, they will know I am in here." So I left the light off.

"But you cannot sleep. Not right now." I am afraid that if she goes to sleep she will never wake up again.

More hours had passed and I'd watch the war from her window and notice that her breathing had gone down so much more. I managed to keep her awake through it all though. I told her stories from when Ahkmenrah and I were younger.

"If you have great memories with him, why did you kill him?" She asked. What a stupid girl.

"I am the oldest. Is it not right for me to get the throne? That is how it worked for centuries, why would mother and father choose him? He was so much younger than me. He was too naive. He let you stay."

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked trying to sound annoyed, but honestly, she sounds like she just ran through the desert.

"It means that if you came and I were ruling, I would be given you punishment. Because you're smart to leave your place of war, and I would think you would try and take the throne, before knowing you I would think of you as a threat," I said honestly. I looked over to her and her eyes were closed and weren't open. I shook her arm. "Katalina!" I yelled and startled her and her eyes opened and she reached for her chest.

"I am just tired, I just want to sleep. I will be okay."

"Katalina, I order you not to sleep," I said.

"It will be okay. I just can't stay awake," she said as she started to close her eyes again.

"No! No sleeping!" I yelled and she opened her eyes immediately.

"Fine. I will not sleep." I looked over and her and noticed once again her breathing had defiantly slowed. "Kah, it is very hard for me to breathe. What is wrong with me? How did I get sick?" She asked me with tears in her eyes.

"I do not know. I don't know why you're sick. But it happened after Ahkmenrah died?" I asked.

"It happened the day after you killed Ahkmenrah." She said, what would have been, snotty.

"Right. Maybe you're too sad about his passing. And, I guess that sounds crazy. But I think you will be okay. It is just for today it will go away. You know, like a cold or when you were throwing up that one time." I said trying to stay positive for her. She needs it right now.

She nodded her head in agreement. Wow, she actually agrees with me. That's probably a first.

"Katalina, I will be right back I have to talk to Nefer, don't go to sleep," I said and left her room. I just need to step out of her room. I do not need to talk to Nefer I just need a moment of alone time. I stood outside her room for about ten minutes and went back into her room.

I looked at Katalina and saw her eyes closed and her chest wasn't rising or falling. I ran over to her and shook her shoulder and her eyes opened a little bit.

"I cannot do it anymore Kah. I need to sleep." She said, and with that Katalina closed her eyes, never to reopen them.