Σαράντα(Forty)

3rd Person's POV

Outside of the crate, two of Al Capone's guys were playing a card game. One teaching the other.

"All right. Okay." But on the inside of the crate, Custer was still obsessing over his hair.

"My hair is currency in certain parts of Europe. It's true. Currency, like gold or paper money. The Duomo was purchased with just one locket." He said. The only ones that were truly interested were the Neanderthals.

"Listen up, kemosabe." Jedediah said to Octavius. "This rodeo clown wouldn't know a flapjack from a flyswatter. Now, Gigantor's out there risking his hide for us. The least we can do is give him some help."

"Some big help. But we can't very well do that if we're stuck in here, now, can we?"

"We need to escape."

"What's a flapjack?" Octavius asked Jedediah.

"It's like a biscuit or a scone."

"Chest bump?"

"Yeah." Then they did a small chest bump and went over to the front of the crate and saw a rust hole big enough for them to fit. They found a rope and managed to get out of the crate and on the floor.

"Then deadly. Watch. Guard your cards, okay? Now you bet. Okay, now you got to throw some cards down." The guy tracking the other how to play said. "Ready?"

"Ready."

"Say something. Say anything."

"This is no fun. You're supposed to...Hey! What are you two doing out here?" One of them saw.

"Octavius, go! You, make a run for it, I'll hold them off!" Jedediah said as the two guys came closer.

"I will not leave you!"

"Ain't no time for your Roman melodrama! Now, get! Go!" Jedediah yelled kicking Octavius in the butt making him run away.  "Old Jedediah will be fine."

"Now, you're in real trouble." One of the guys said picking up Jedediah.

"Why, these aren't real rubies at all," Kahmunrah said studying the Red Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz. "Ruby slippers indeed. But, whoever you are, Archie Bunker, you had one comfortable throne."

"Hey, boss. Caught this one trying to escape through a rust hole in the crate. One of his little friends got away." Al Capone's man said handing Kahmunrah Jedediah in a birdcage.

"Oh, please. What damage could they possibly do? Why, they're no bigger than a little grain of couscous. Aren't you?"

"You know, two words come to mind when I hear you talk. 'Delusional' and 'weirdo'. And if I had to say a third, 'goofy'. Just goofy." Jedediah said. "Now you let old Jedediah out of here or he's gonna get angry."

"Well played, Jedediah!" Octavius said as he watched from outside the window.

"I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously. You're just adorable, even when you're threatening me. It's hilarious. Is it just me, or are these guys unbelievably cute?"

"Now hold it a second, now. Now, you have a right to keep me as your captive, torture me, even, but don't call me cute! I ain't cute!" Jedediah said.

"Steady, my friend! Just stay alive! I will find you!" Octavius said leaving the window.

Suddenly Napoleon came back with Larry and Katalina.

"Gigantor, Ms. Greek. No!"

"Hello, Mr. Daley. Nice to see you again, Katalina you too. Now, if you don't mind, I shall take that from you. Thank you," Kahmunrah said taking Ahkmenrah's tablet out of Larry's hands and placing it in the slot to bring back his army. "Finally. Finally! After 3,000 years, my evil army of the damned, my beautiful, beautiful army, shall be unleashed!" He yelled. Nothing happened. "I'm afraid that Mother and Father may have slightly changed the combination on me."

"I guess this whole unleashing-the-underworld thing isn't really working out for you, huh? It must be really frustrating, 'cause you've waited thousands of years to come back from the dead and everything, and now you can't get it open." Larry said.

"Fear not, for I shall wait a thousand more if I must."

"Good, 'cause in a few hours you'll be standing here in a frustrated position, frozen, and I'll walk out of here with my buddies and that'll be that. So, I got all night."

"Really? All night? Well! He doesn't. Open that cage," Kahmunrah said pointing to Jedediah and grabbing an hourglass.

"What are you doing?"

"No touching! No touching! Don't you manhandle me!"

"Look, he's having a little tantrum."

"Jed?"

"Don't you squirm! Don't squirm. It'll only be worse for you."

"Put him down!"

"Don't be afraid. I shan't hurt you. I lied." He said and dropped Jed into the hourglass and flipped it so the sand was landing on top of Jed. "I don't think he has all night at all, Mr. Daley. From the looks of things, I'd say he has a little over an hour."

"Take me out of here!"

"You were the guardian! You know all about this tablet. You're obviously much more clever than the rest of us. You may or may not know the combination, but I am going to give you exactly one hour to figure it out. If you do not, I shall kill your friends. And please don't think about escaping, for I shall be watching you." Kahmunrah threatened.

"Look, I don't even know how to begin to decipher this thing, all right? Really."

"What a pity. And your little cowboy friend seemed like such a charming little fellow. Ah, well. Tick-tock, Mr. Daley. Your hour has begun. I'll even let you use Katalina, she knows Egyptian. But Katalina, be warned if you try to escape with him I can hurt anyone you love."

"Τι οημαοία έχει το έχετε κάνει μία φορά πριν(What does it matter you have done it once before)," Katalina said bitterly.

"Stop speaking Greek!" Kahmunrah yelled at her.

"Θα'θελες(You wish)."

"Hey! You got this, partner. I know you do." Jedediah said to Larry. "You got this!"