Τριάντα τρία(Thirty Three)

Larry's POV

I don't know what got into Katalina today, but she is very playful is speaking an extra amount of Greek, and when she's not doing that she's usually taking Ahk's crown and either wearing it or running away with it. He is kind of amused but not entirely.

I've never seen her act like this. I wonder what it is. Maybe it's a Greek holiday? I went to the computer and searched for her. Soon I found the answer.

It's her birthday.

She just wants someone to acknowledge it. She is being funny like this because she is sad and wants someone to care. I went back out into the lobby and found an angry-looking Ahkmenrah without a crown and Katalina, not insight.

"Hey Ahk."

"Larry I've given up. I don't understand." He said.

"I'll go talk to her. Do you know which way she went?" He pointed off in the distance and I went to go find her. I think I know where she went. I went onto the roof of the museum and saw Katalina holding Ahkmenrah's crown and looking out off to the distance. "Katalina?" I whispered. She turned around and sniffled wiping her eyes.
"Hello, Larry," She said trying her hardest to hide her tears.

"I know today is your birthday," I said. She looked up at me sadly.

"You do?" She whispered. I nodded my head yes. She seemed to hesitate before she hugged me. I could feel my jacket getting wet meaning she was crying.

"Hey, it's okay." I took Ahk's crown from her and set it down and hugged her back.

"It's not okay, I have made Ahkmenrah mad. And I do not want him mad at me, but I didn't want to tell him it's my birthday."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he would think it's weird that I still want it celebrated."

"No, he won't. Why do you still want it celebrated?"

"Well to start, it has been over 3,000 years since I last really had one, and with my family, they didn't care if it was my birthday. And I thought maybe this year I could finally appreciate it. With people who truly like me." She said. I looked at my watch and saw it was only 11.

"We still can. Celebrate it I mean."

"We can?"

"Of course. Do you want me to order pizza?"

"I do not know what pizza is, but I would love to try it."

"Well let's get you back down there okay?" She nodded and I took her back down to the lobby where Ahkmenrah was and she went over to him while I went to go order a pizza.

Ahkmenrah's POV

I need to stay calm, I cannot yell at Katalina, I can't upset her. She will only be upset with me. There has to be a simple explanation.

Soon Larry came back with Katalina and he walked away. Katalina started coming towards me with my crown and I snapped. Didn't mean to, but that's exactly what happened.

"Katalina. Why are you doing this?!" I yelled. Yup yelled.

"I...I felt.." I cut her off. I need to shit my mouth.

"No, I don't care." I took my crown from her and pushed her away and started to walk away.

"But, Ahkmenr-"

"No Katalina!" I said and stormed off and into my room.

I just messed up. I messed up so bad. I couldn't control myself. I don't know what happened to me out there. Should I give her time? Should I go now? She probably Hayes me now. And what was I mad for? Her having a little fun, sure it started to be annoying, but if I would've asked her nicely, she probably would have stopped. My thoughts were interrupted when u heard footsteps come in. I looked up and saw Larry.

"Hey...Katalina told me what you said. She's really upset."

"Larry I feel so bad for doing that. I didn't expect that to come out. I just couldn't control it when she came to me."

"She was acting that way because today's her birthday." I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"What? Why didn't she tell me?"

"She's afraid you'll think she's weird for still wanting to celebrate. Because she's a few thousand years old."

"I mean it is a bit strange, but I wouldn't say anything about it. I have to go talk to her. Where is she?" I asked.

"With Jed and Octavius." He said and I nodded. I stood up and ran to Jed and Octavius' room. I found Katalina sitting on the floor by the miniature Rome. I went to her and picked her up and kissed her.

"I'm sorry Katalina. I didn't know it was your birthday, why didn't you tell me?" I asked hugging her close. I could feel her tears soaking my shoulder.

"I've never had a real birthday before. I didn't think it mattered." She said through tears. I kissed her cheeks and wiped her tears away with my thumbs. Then I led her out of the diorama room and into mine. I laid down in my sarcophagus with her laying on my chest.

"I am so sorry Katalina. I didn't mean it."

"I know. I did not mean to make you mad." I rubbed her back in a comforting manner until I could tell she was asleep. Tonight I let her sleep.

When Larry came in to warn us of 5 minutes left I stopped him before he could get too far.

"Larry, can she stay?" He debates this for a minute.

"I guess, but I have to lock it just in case if someone tries to open it. So when it doesn't open tonight I don't have both of you flipping out over being stuck in there." I nodded my head and slowly let the lid shut as I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the lock being locked and fell asleep before I felt nothing at all.