Τριάντα τέσσερα(Thirty Four)

Ahkmenrah's POV

After the tablet had revived us I felt a weight on my chest. I pushed on the lid to find it still locked. Then I realized Katalina was actually asleep. I heard the lock unlock and I shook Katalina awake. When the lid was off finally I sat up with Katalina. She opened her eyes and seemed shocked she was with me. 

"Hey, guys," Larry said and walked out of the room.

"How did I get in here?" Katalina asked me hugging me.

"Last night you fell asleep and Larry came by and I asked him if you could stay and he said yes."

"Oh okay." Then we just sat there for a little bit until Katalina sat up all the way. "Ahkmenrah?" I hummed in response. "Do you want to play knucklebones?" She asked with a childish smirk.

"I would love to play knucklebones. Do you still have them?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I am not sure." She got out of my sarcophagus and we went into her room. We went to her chest and opened it and started rummaging for them. 

"It's just clothing.  But we don't have to use knucklebones We can use anything small as long as we have 5. I will go ask Larry."

"Are we going to play it in here?"

"I don't care where we play. We can play in here." I said and she left the room.

Katalina's POV

I left my room and went to find Larry. I looked over the balcony and saw him talking to Teddy. I skipped down the stairs and went to him.

"Hello, Larry."

"Hey, Katalina, what's up?" He asked me

"Do you have 5 of something small?" I asked him. And he took me over to his desk.

"Um, do you want these?" He asked holding up small colorful triangles.

"Yes they will work, but what are they?" I asked not knowing.

"Oh, these?" I nodded. "They're pencil top erasers."

"And what do they do?"

"Here I'll show you." He took out a stick with grey on the bottom and pink on the top.

"Is this the pencil?" I asked pointing at it.

"Yeah, you write with it." He wrote on a piece of paper. "And if you make a mistake, then you use this and it takes it away."

"Oh, okay. That is cool. Thank you for these."

"Yeah, what do you need them for?" He asked.

"Oh, Ahkmenrah and I are playing a game I taught him back in Egypt. Would you like to play?"

"I would, but I have to watch the museum. Sorry."

"It is okay I have to go up to Ahk now."

"Okay, have fun. I'll see you later."

Ahkmenrah's POV

I was about to go find Katalina when she walked in.

"Larry gave me these erasers to use." I nodded and we sat on the ground and started to play.

"What is goin' on in here?" Jedediah asked walking in while we were in the middle of playing.

"We're playing Knucklebones. It is a game I grew up knowing." Katalina said. "Do you want to play?" She asked him.

"Sure I'll give it a try." He said and came by us. Katalina explained to him how to play and then he started at step one. "And now I am on step four?" He asked her. She shook her head no.

"No you're still on step three, you have to pick up three, and do a sweep. That means you have to push them on the floor." She said. I smiled remembering that I had asked the same question so many years ago. "It is your turn Ahkmenrah."

We'd been playing for almost 3 hours and we have lots of people playing with us. We have Teddy, Sacagawea, Octavius and even Attila. I can't believe we had so much fun together. Atilla started talking to Katalina. She looked over at me confused.

"He asked you how you learned this game."

"Oh, I was taught by my mother, when my brother and I were really little. We would play it all the time. It is my favorite game." She said smiling.

Then we started a tournament. Which was Jedediah's idea. And I do not think it is fair because Katalina has been playing since she was very small.

During the competition, before we could finish, we heard over the nose Larry say he wanted us all in the lobby for a quick meeting so Katalina and I stood up and went along with everyone else. When everyone else was there he started speaking.

"Guys, I've loved working here, but my business, Daley Devices has actually taken off. So tonight is my last night here." He said. Katalina and I looked at each other with sad eyes. People around us were crying.  "But let's enjoy the night? Okay, guys." He said and then looked at his watch. "Actually I'm sorry, but it's almost dawn. So good morning, and I will still visit. Okay guys? Okay good."

I walked Katalina to her room and helped her in. And saw she was also crying a little. I didn't know she was that close with Larry.

"Katalina, it will be okay, I will still be here," I said and kissed her forehead.

"I'm really sorry guys," Larry said and walked out of the room.