δεκατέσσερα(Fourteen)

Kahmunrah's POV

I watched Ahkmenrah getting ready for his marriage to the annoying Greek he let stay with us. I cannot believe they let him marry her. He truly is the favorite child.

If he is to marry her it will be too late and I will never be able to have the throne as my own. It is now or never. I watched as the useless man dressing him left and I snuck in. I wrapped my arm around without him noticing and shoved a knife into the flesh of his stomach.

Before he could react and turn to face me I bolted faster than I ever have out of his room. I hid behind a door as he finally cried out in pain. Not long after, the pale girl came running to his aid. She screamed at the sight of him and I heard her fall to the ground.

I could hear her speaking to him softly. I could not tell what she was saying but it made it more amusing that way. I finally decided it was time for me to join in. I need to make it look as if I didn't do it.

I went running into the room and gasped and ran to Ahkmenrah's side. The girl has his head in her lap and is petting his hair back. How pathetic really.

There's a lot more blood than I would have thought. I forced myself to think of something sad so I could cry. I was not crying because of Ahkmenrah. I was crying because I finally get the throne which is rightfully mine.

"Katalina you..." Ahkmenrah started to say but his eyes started fluttering closed never to reopen again.

"No! Ahkmenrah no!" The girl yelled. Her shouting made the royal adviser, the priests, and the doctor come running. It took them long enough.

Nefer took the pale girl away from Ahkmenrah's motionless body. She was a little unwilling but then clutched to him for dear life. He was rubbing soothing circles into her back.

The doctor took Ahkmenrah's body away. I knew where they were taking him. They were taking his body to be mummified. The adviser took me off the floor and to the throne room.

"Now that Ahkmenrah is dead and Katalina and he were never married or had children, Kahmunrah, that makes you the new pharaoh," I tried not to smile. "We will have to inform the people of everything that had happened," He muttered to himself and walked away from me.

I made sure I was alone in the room and when I saw I was I very quietly cheered for myself. Mainly because nobody will be cheering for me when we tell everyone. They will all be too busy mourning the death of Ahkmenrah.

I stopped my cheering when I heard sniffles behind me. I turned and saw The Greek walking to where Ahkmenrah gave her a room. So many mistakes were made during his ruling. She was the number one mistake.

I have to say. Her dress is pretty. They worked hard on it. Too bad it won't be used.

Since Ahkmenrah didn't put her into the prison, as I had wisely suggested, it is too late to do so. I have to think of something else for her punishment. That's when an idea came to mind.

I strolled my way to the doctor and knocked on his door. Before he opened it I made myself look incredibly sad. He opened the door and nodded for me to enter.

"What can I do for you, Kahmunrah?" He asked sadly.

"If the Greek Girl happens to come by, make sure you don't give her anything. You should know more than anyone it is better for when you're sad to let the pain heal itself." I said. I've learned over the years of you say 'as you should know' or 'you should know more than anyone else' he falls for it.

"Of course, how idiotic do you make me be? I am a doctor," He said. I nodded in agreement.

"I was simply just reminding. It is hard for everyone here right now," I said and turned to walk out of his room. Now I have that taken care of.

I walked into the throne room and sat on the throne that is now rightfully mine. It feels good to be where I am supposed to be. Ahkmenrah hardly ever used it. Especially with her here.

Gazing out I saw people still setting up for the stupid wedding. How stupid could these people be? They did not hear the screaming? Everyone is so idiotic.

I sat for a few more minutes until I was motioned by Nefer to follow him.

I followed him and he led me to the gathering area where every one of the citizens was looking up at us. The Greek was standing next to me silently crying and Nefer was explaining to everyone what's happened.

"...Pharaoh Ahkmenrah, has been murdered." Gasps were heard throughout the crowd. "We will be looking into who had committed the crime very shortly. But as of this moment forth, Kahmunrah is now pharaoh." A gasp went through the crowd. And after the gasp people started crying. Why did so many people like him? "The wedding is obviously called off and will never be happening." Nefer said. After his tiny speech, he bid his sorrowful good days to the people and went back inside. 

We all went back in except the Greek. Why is she still out there? I looked out and saw her just looking out off into the distance. If I felt remorse I would console her. But we all know I wouldn't do that, we also know that I do not like her here. She will be gone eventually.