Chapter 20

Dakota's pov
It took a while until we finally got to the gate of the cage door. They put Blue in first, and then they closed the gate. Blue didn't run off like the humans thought he would, but instead he waited for me to come into his home. He watched as Barry and I "talked". I don't know what he was thinking (blue) but he had this look on his face. To a human it wouldn't look any different, but oh never mind. It just looked different. I turned my attention back to Barry.

"Now remember what I said about the "laws/rules". I nodded my head slowly to let him know that I understood. I heard footsteps walking towards us and I looked to see.... Hawskins...... great.

"Hey Barry, you want to know what I am looking at... now this is a real bond. You can talk to him, and you are able to touch him without him, biting you." He put his hands on his hips, and came a bit closer. I didn't do anything, although I was tempted to. Doesn't he know that I am a GIRL!

"Thanks, but it isn't a him.... Its a her. And never try this without a gun or knife by your side, not like that would help." Hawskins looked a bit to the left for like 20 seconds, and in that time Barry noted me and the men to act "hostile" or for me to tackle Barry to the ground. Barry wanted to protect my secret. You know about being half human. And in no time Hawskins looked back at us and caught Barry giving us the note.

"Hey what are you saying?" His hands flew off his hips and he crossed them.
"Oh I was reminding the men to keep their gard up." I guess it worked.... although to me it sounded very very unbelievable.
"Oh, well since you are able to controle her better than the others. Do you think I could you know?" He moved his hands in a petting motion. And NO WAY AFTER CALLING ME A DUDE, AM I GONNA LET HIM TOUCH ME! I looked back at Barry and shook my head. Trying to tell him no, but of course it didn't work. He walked up to me and started petting my face. Oh god I wanted to bite off his hand, but I couldn't. His smell was foul, and his hands were sweaty and he was TOUCHING MY FACE! Barry hold  me in place so I wouldn't move. When Barry noticed my facial look, he looked at Hawskins, and told him that that was enough. Finally... I never want to touch those hands again. Blue was still watching. Only he was standing up close to the gate growling. He didn't like Hawskins. I could see that. I looked at Blue, and cooed(sp?) And he cooed back. Barry I guess saw this, and told the guards to open the gate. Once the gate was open he put me in and I met Blue standing there looking at me as if to say "why didn't you bite off his arm? I ignored his is look, and started walking into the forest. But Blue stopped me... I looked at him, and he started to shake his head.

"What? Why can't I go in?"
"Because the others don't know you are here, and they might attack you. "
"Oh..." I nod my head and watched as Blue went in, I heard a few chirps, and roars, but I just stayed put. And it felt like 3 hours....