Chapter 25

Owen's pov

"The boys were definitely here." I said as I followed the trail of broken glass. In the distance I saw what looked like one of those broken hamster balls.

"Owen...is that what I think it is?" Clare asked while we slowed down. Clare ran out of teh car before the car had even stopped moving.

"Oh no! Oh no! No no no no! Zach please no! Gr-"

"Look they made it out." I said pointing in the direction of the two boys footprints. "Come on, follow me" We started following the footprints. I don't know if Clare noticed or not, but you could tell that the I-Rex was chasing them. The tracks ended at a small cliff that led into a waterfall.

"They jumped!" Clare said out of breath.

"Brave kids."

"ZACH! GRAY!" Why is she yelling!?

"Shh!"

"Hey! I am not one of your dumb animals!"

"Listen! Those two may still be alive, but you and I will not be. If you continue to scream like that!" I yelled/whispered.

"Okay, so...so you can pick up their sent? Um. Track them down?"

"Hey! I was with the navy not the Navajo!" 

'God this women is going to be the death of me!'

Blue's pov

It's almost time.

"Everyone ready?" I asked. I wasn't really asking everyone else. It was mostly Dakota. I don't know why, but I feel like I need to be by her side. I feel like I need to know what she is doing. Why do I feel so over protective?

"Yes Alpha." Echo said as she got in a ready stance. I looked over at Dakota who looked confused. She didn't really seem ready. I scooted a little bit closer to her.

"Hey. Dakota? You okay? You look confused." She looked over and me and smiled.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"O-"

"THE PIGS ARE OUT!!" A human yelled and everyone ran out after the pigs. Except for me. I was left behind because I wasn't prepared.

'What is she doing to me? I am never left behind. Even when I talk to someone else in the pack I always know when to go. What is wrong with me?'

Dakota's pov

I saw everyone else run, so I did to. I saw a pig to my left and I turned to run after it. I was about to grab it. I finally grabbed it, but before I got get a good grasp on it something took it right out of my mouth! I stopped running and looked at who took it. But they were gone before I could see who took it. I don't know how long I was standing their, but it seemed like forever. In the distance I heard Blue calling for all pack members to come back together. So I followed his call over to a clearing. It would seem that I am the last one back...great....

"Look who's back! Where were you? Were you out looking for more pigs? Couldn't you tell that they were all killed? The smell of five dead pigs should have filled your nose." Charlie said as he sat down.

"Oh, I guess I wasn't paying attention." I said as I too sat down. In the corner of my eye I could see Blue looking at me. I didn't want to attracted any attention so I just looked at the forest in front of me.

Blue's pov

Why doesn't she have a pig? Hmm... I looked around and say that Echo had already eaten hers before she came back here, and Charlie was chowing down on his. Delta was eating the leg of one and another pig in front of her. And I had half eaten. Wait. Delta has Dakota's pig? Usually I wouldn't care, it's survival of the fittest, but something about Delta's greediness made me mad. 

"Delta...why do you have two pigs? Why didn't you save one for Dakota?" I asked without thinking. The others looked at me except for Dakota. She seemed to be in a different world right now.

"Because, I caught it before Dakota. Why do you care? If she didn't get to it in time then that's to bad!" Why is she getting on my nerves all of a sudden!? Dakota was now looking over at Delta with wide eyes.

"Wait you took it out of my mouth!?" Dakota said while staring Delta right in the eyes.

'Why did Delta take it away from her. She had it fair and square!'

"Give her back the pig that should be hers!" I yelled. Charlie and Echo were staring at us without saying a word. I guess they wanted to see what would happen next.

"Nope sorry I got it fair and square too."She said and she ate the whole thing. I snarled my teeth at her and she looked at me supersized. I never really care about one pig. I mean it's not like it will kill you if you miss ONE meal, but I had a feeling, like I needed to take care of her. I was about to lash out at Delta, but I used whatever was left of my will power to stop myself. I stood up with my half eaten pig in my mouth. I walked over to Dakota and sat back down.

"Here." I said as I placed the half eaten pig on the ground in front of Dakota. "Please eat this." She looked at me shocked.

"I couldn't...you caught it, you should eat it." Why is she saying no?

"Alpha stop!" Delta said as she stood up. "Why are you taking SO MUCH care for this sorry excuse of a raptor?!

"STOP!" I yelled back at her. I turned around and started sizing her up. If she backed down then she wouldn't get hurt. This is my plan "b"! If she doesn't bow down then she is going to be kicked out. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TREAT DAKOTA LIKE THIS! NOW LOWER YOUR HEAD! OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!" Delta slowly lowered her head down. Charlie and Echo had scooted back a step or two in fear. And Dakota was just sitting there shocked. Once Delta was "bowing" I backed up and she stood back up. She huffed at Dakota and ran off. She'll be back, but for now I think it is bast that she leaves. She needs to clear her mind.

"I'm sorry for her actions Dakota. Please, forget about what she says. Now, please eat." I said as I walked in the opposite of Delta. Charlie stood up and followed me, but I pretended like I didn't notice.

"What do you want Charlie?" I stopped walking and turned to look at him.

"I see what's going on here Alpha. Tell me. How do you feel around her?"

"What? Why do you ask?"

"Just tell me. I think I know what's wrong with you."

"There is nothing wrong with me Charlie. And to answer your question... I don't know what it is she does to me, but I feel like I need to protect her, to take care of her, to always be by her side. I don't get it! I have NEVER felt this way before." Charlie smirked and waked a little bit closer to me.

"Poor poor Alpha. Here I'll give you a hint on what's going on. What time of the year is it?"

'What? Why is he asking this?'

"I think it's...um wait do you mean seasons or something else?" HE IS CONFUSING ME!!

"Well since you are s clueless. It is the beginning of the Mating season."

"WHAT!!!! How come I didn't know! Now I feel stupid!" Charlie chuckled.

"Well I wouldn't be surprised. This is everyone's first mating season. That leads me to the next question. I think I know why the humans put Dakota in now..."

"What why?"

"Because they thought she was lonely...they wanted her to find love, and maybe raise a family."

Let me know what you think!!