Chapter 26 (SURPRISE!)

Owen's POV

Clair and I walked on for a little longer. I followed what little tracks I could.

"Owen, look over there." Claire said pointing to a cracked open door. Next to it was an open garage. There were fresh car tracks exiting.

"How did they get one of these started?" I asked mainly to myself.

*THUMP*

Parts of the ceiling started to fall. Clair and I both flinched and ducked down. I grabbed her arm and pulled her over to hide in front of the remaining car. I could hear the breathing of the Indominus. I tried to hold in as much air as possible so I didn't make any sounds. I could feel her head drawing closer, her breath warming up the garage instantly. Clair held her hand on her mouth trying to hold in her cries. The Indominus removed its head. I waited a few seconds as it sounded like she had walked off.

"Okay...I think she is gone." I whispered as I started to stand up. All of a sudden the roof caved in and the indominus jumped out chomping the air with her jaws.

"RUN!" I yelled pushing Claire along. I needed to find those kids without dying in the process.

Dakota's POV

It was the middle of the day. My head rested on the ground under a tree. I didn't really want to be here. I wish Owen would come and stop by, or at lease Barry.

I instantly lifted my head when I heard a stick break. My muscles tense from the fear of the unknown. But I relaxed them when I saw Blue.

"Oh, hi Alpha." I said looking at the ground and bowing my head slightly.

"There is no need for that. You don't have to bow in my presence." He said in a very powerful yet kind tone. I lifted my head as he instructed. "And, please don't call me Alpha, it feels strange coming out of you." He added as he laid down in front of me.

I only nodded not sure of what to do.

"Um. Thank you for the pig. You didn't have to though."

"I don't mind. It is my job to protect the pack." I nodded again, the situation now feeling awkward.

"Why are you by yourself?" He asked making me blink once of twice trying to think about what he asked.

"Um, I guess I am just used to it...I was a lone before I came here." The sun glaring into my eyes, I looked away to give my eyes a break from the sun. Blue was about to respond when we hear a whistle. It was Barry, but we respond to him as well. Blue and I arose from where we lay and made our way in the direction of the whistle. When we reached the gate we saw Barry with the halter things he uses in order to have contact with us. And next to him was Hawkins. I could just tell by the smile on his face when we arrived, that he was planning something. And I really didn't want to know what it was.

I am back!! I know it is short, but I have to go to work and I don't want to forget to publish this. I hope your still with me and I will update soon :)