Chapter 2: The One That Got Away

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! The pilot chapter is always the hardest and the most important so I hope it was good enough. Anyway, enjoy this chapter. Surprises near the end! ;) Xxxx

POV: SOPHIE

"What? See me again? Yeah well neither did I but there you go. I guess we were both wrong. Now if you could please move that would be very nice" I said sarcastically, Not having the best dinner with Dad...

"Please, can we just talk? Please Soph?" He pleaded. He didn't get it. He'd basically killed me. He might as well have... And now he's trying to talk to me?!

"Don't please Soph me Louis. You left me. On my own. To go and what? Get famous? Get money? Get the girls? Hm, what was it? Why was fame more important than your girlfriend of 2 years? Please, bloody enlighten me because I can't possibly think why I would choose fame over someone I loved." I said angrily. I realised we were having this conversation in the middle of Nandos, so I signalled for him to come outside and have the argument there. He nodded and followed me out.

"What you don't understand is, I never forgot about you. I only broke up with you because I couldn't bare a long-distance relationship. How do you think I can handle long-distance at 18 years old? And you were only 17! I figured if I broke up with you before I auditioned it would save you thinking I chose fame over you." He said the last sentence quietly. I scoffed. "What?"

"That went well didn't it?" I said, looking away from him. At this point my Dad was walking out of the door. He looked at me with a confused face. I just shook my head. "I'll call you later Dad. Sorry our dinner was cut short."

"It's not a problem sweet-heart." He said hugging me. "Talk later yeah?"

"Yeah, Bye Daddy. Love you." I said.

"Love you to sweetie." He replied. With that he hailed a taxi and left.

"Look, Louis. What is it you want from me?" I said rather bluntly.

"I want to know you've forgiven me. I can't live with the guilty feeling I have inside any more." He said, a choke in his voice at the end of the sentence. I hate to be so nasty when I feel so much for this man, but he deserves to know the truth.

"You might just have to live with that feeling for a little longer. Because you broke me. I have broken up with every boyfriend I've had since you left, because of you. I can trust anyone any more and that's no-one's fault but yours. This-" I pulled up my cardigan sleeves. "This is what I've done to myself every day since you left. This is what you've reduced me to. A crying, self-harming, dis-trusting, pathetic mess." Tears were streaming down my face, along with the rain. We were silent for a few seconds. "And at this moment four years ago I would have wanted nothing more than to fall into your arms in this rain and for you to hug me and kiss me and tell me everything will be okay. But that. That's gone. You took that with you to the X-Factor and you lost it somewhere. And it might never come back. Not for you, or anyone." And with that I wiped my tears and turned to cross the road. I was half-way across when I turned around, for reasons I don't know to this day. But when I turned around I saw Louis. In a chair at a table outside Nandos. Crying into his hands. Harry rushed out to see if he was okay presumably. I felt my legs start to weeken and my feelings start to crumble. I couldn't bare to look at him anymore. I turned around and started to walk again. As much as I hated him, I still loved him. Why is life so confusing?! I didn't know what I was doing but I found my feet carrying me over to Nandos again. What was I going to say to him? Hi I'm back and I'm head over heals in love with you?

POV: LOUIS

"You might just have to live with that feeling for a little longer. Because you broke me. I have broken up with every boyfriend I've had since you left, because of you. I can trust anyone any more and that's no-one's fault but yours. This-" I saw Sophie pull up her cardigan sleeve to reveal deep dark-red and purple cuts from her wrists to her elbows. "This is what I've done to myself every day since you left. This is what you've reduced me to. A crying, self-harming, dis-trusting, pathetic mess." Tears were flooding out of her eyes and down her cheeks along with the rain. We were silent for a few seconds before she spoke again. "And at this moment four years ago I would have wanted nothing more than to fall into your arms in this rain and for you to hug me and kiss me and tell me everything will be okay. But that. That's gone. You took that with you to the X-Factor and you lost it somewhere. And it might never come back. Not for you, or anyone." And then she left. Walked off. I felt so bad that I could make such an amazing girl feel so bad about herself.

I saw briefly lifted my head and heard Harry rushing out of the door to comfort me. "Mate? Wha-what did she say?" I just looked at him through teary eyes and shook my head. I looked to the road and saw Sophie had stopped in the middle of the road on the island-paving and was looking at me. I thought for a moment she might come back but those hopes where shattered when she turned and walked away. I burried my head back into my hands and let the tears fall again. I couldn't call Sophie the one I would go back for anymore, she was the one that got away.

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter but seemed like gd place to leave off. Awww! He was gonna go back for her :) *Cue the awes* Try and update tomorrow beauties xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx