Chapter 8: The Way Things Should Be

A/N: So hey :) Hope you like

I woke up the next morning.

In Doncaster.

In Louis' arms.

Like nothing had changed.

The way things should be.

But then I realised, he was still famous. And I had just slept with his best friend. I wanted to slip back into my sleep and forget I''d ever done that. Escape from reality.

Louis' soft breathing on my neck suddenly turned to a yawn as he awoke. His eyelashes fluttered open and he smiled at me when he saw my face infront of his.

"Morning sleepy." I whispered.

"Morning love." He whispered back.

I snuggled my head underneath his chin and rested my head so I could hear his heartbeat.

"I need to tell you something." I confessed nervously.

"Anything" He replied.

"I slept with Zayn."

POV: ZAYN

I felt so guilty after Sophie left. I don't know how I could have done such a thing. I have a girlfriend. I love Perrie. She's amazing, she's beautiful, she loves me. I'm an idiot. I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

"Hey Zayn!" She chirped, I could practically see her smile.

"Hi. Look I need to tell you something." I said in a more serious tone.

"What is it?"

"I sorta slept with Louis ex-girlfriend. Please here me out, it was a mistake, I never meant for it to happen. I love you and I always will."

"I don't know what to say Zayn. How could you do this to me?"

"It was a mistake. Please, Perrie. Please understand I never meant for it to happen."

"I need some time to think Zayn. I'll call you tomorrow." She said, before hanging up the phone.

I felt like shit after that conversation, but she didn't actually break up with me which is good I guess. I wonder how Sophie feels about all this...

POV: LOUIS

"I slept with Zayn"

"Wait, what?"

"I was drunk and I was stupid, I never meant for it to happen, and I though it was better that you knew" She blurted out.

"Back up a little bit, when and why where you drunk with Zayn?" I asked confused and saddened by the whole situation.

"The other day, after Nandos."

"But you left before Zayn did."

"Not entirely true, I left and then came back."

"Can you just tell me the whole story please?"

"Okay, after you apologised and we agreed we were gonna go back to normal I left. And then I was listening to the radio in the car on the way out of town, and I heard one of your songs come on-"

"Rock Me." I whispered, more to myself than to Sophie.

"Yeah. And it made me come back for you."

That just made my heart melt in my body, and butterflies play tag in my stomach, a red heat spread across my cheeks.

"But then I saw you about to kiss some waitress at the restaurant and Zayn tried to comfort me. We went to a bar and then went to his place. You have to understand we were so drunk and I had no idea what I was doing, or how I felt for you."

"I love you. I'm so sorry about leaving you. I'll never do it again. I'll always be here, I promise. I don't care if you slept with Zayn."

"Really?"

"Not at all. We wern't together at the time and you were drunk. I'm not mad at you or Zayn. You both mean so much to me. I love you and Zayn is like my brother. If I could pick anyone for you to end up with if it couldn't be me it would be Zayn to be honest." I admitted.

"Thank you so much. I love you too."