Chapter 11: Chasing Cars

POV: SOPHIE

So in the car, after much contemplation of the situation I was in with Louis and Papaya, I decided to ask Louis about the letter and why he didn't reply. It was my right to know as the biological mother of that child, and Louis' girlfriend, to know why he just didn't bother acknowledging the birth of his kid. What if I hadn't put Papaya up for adoption? And I'd become a single mother? Would he care then?

"L-Louis? Can I ask you something sweetie?" I asked, my muscles all tightening as I realised I was actually asking him about it.

"Of course. What's up Sophs?" He said caringly.

"W-why didn't you reply to my letter?" I choked out. I saw his jaw tighten and the grip on his steering wheel get stronger. His soft beatiful face became something I'd never seen on Louis before. Like he had a dark side. And I was about to see it.

POV: PERRIE

"Okay before we leave I want to set some ground rules, just because I have agreed to go on this trip with you does not mean everything is back to normal. I don't know about you but on this trip I don't want anything more than you holding my hand or kissing my cheek. We will sleep in seperate beds and we will both remain fully clothed at all times. Sounds fair to me." I said firmly to Zayn. The whole idea of this trip was pretty stupid, I knew in my heart that I loved Zayn, I just didn't know that he really loved me any more.

"Okay. Sounds fair. Are you done packing?" He asked. The look in his eye meant he still cared about me, but caring is differemt to loving. We both knew that.

"Yeah. Are you gonna tell me where we're going or what?" I said walking to my room to get my suit case.

"Nope. The point is it;s a surprise. And I know it'll make you trust me." He said as I walked with him from my room to my front door.

"Okay. As long as I dont have to walk infront of a gun and watch you take the bullet for me I think I'll be okay." I laughed.

POV: SOPHIE

"HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU ASK THAT? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE BEEN THROUGH TO GET WHERE I AM NOW? I GAVE UP EVERYTHING FOR THIS LIFE YOU KNOW. I PICKED FAME OVER MY OWN GIRLFRIEND, DO YOU KNOW HOW DIFFICULT THAT WAS?!" Louis snapped. I have to admit I was scared, he was so mad and he was driving, he could kill us.

"Please Louis please cam down love please." I begged, holding back tears from the shock and hurt what he just said had caused.

"DON'T PLEASE LOUIS ME. HOW COULD YOU ASK ME ABOUT THAT LETTER?" He screamed.

 I let a tear slip from the corner of my eye.

"Louis pull over." I managed to sound.

"What?" He questioned, taken aback by my sudden bravery.

"I said pull over." I repeated. He waited till we were at a good place to stop before he pulled over and stopped the car. "I'm gonna ask you again and you better not freak out this time; why didn't you reply to that letter?" I said firmly, my hand clutching the door ready to get out if need be.

"Don't fucking question me Sophie! I was good enough to come back to you so why do you need to know the answer this question?!" He shouted.

"I'll question you if I have a question I need to ask. So answer me. Why didn't I get a reply, to the letter I sent you, telling you I'd had you're child?" I said, trying to sound brave, ever though this side of Louis made me shit scared.

There was no answer. Just silence. Complete silence for at least a few minutes. Silence, before I broke it.

"I was an idiot to think you'd actually changed. I don't know why I bother. This is a stress I don't need or want right now, I should be practicing for Saturday, but instead I'm talking to an ass-hole who I was stupid enough to give a second chance." I said finally, before stepping out of the car into the pouring rain. I walked past the people who had gathered around our car, obviously noticing Louis. A few camera flashes went around me before I crossed the road.

POV: LOUIS

"I was an idiot to think you'd actually changed. I don't know why I bother. This is a stress I don't need or want right now, I should be practicing for Saturday, but instead I'm talking to an ass-hole who I was stupid enough to give a second chance."Sophie's voice choked. She was right I was an ass-hole. And she was leaving me.

I watched her get out of the car and fight past the press, before starting to make her way through the traffic on the busy London road.

The girl I loved.

The girl I'd just won back.

The girl who I'd just thrown away.

And a bus.

And a crash.

And my heart, stopping for a split second as it happened.

As she was hit.

A/N: SO YEAHHHHH. Big plot twist. Will update asap but I'm on holiday so it might be a while. Hope this'll keep you going ;)

Until next time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Shabamitsme