Chapter 32: Not What You Think

His fingers run through his hair nervously as he gives me an awkward smile. This man... I never know what to make of him anymore.

"Sophie..." He pulls out a box from the pocket of his skinny jeans.

"Louis..." I warn.

"Please hear me out." He pleads. I look at him and see a desperate shell of a man, and decide I owe him my listening. I'm more than a little worried about the box and its contents though.

Louis' eyebrows are knotted as he opens the small square container. It was hiding a ring. My eyes go wide and I open my mouth to say something, but words fail me.

"It's not what you think." He explains.

"It's a promise ring. I'm changing the typical meaning a little, though. It's a promise I'll be different, I'll be better for you and be the man you deserve. And its more than that, it's a promise that I'll always love you, no matter what.  You were the first girl I ever loved, and I always have loved you. I don't show it in the best of ways, hell, sometimes I don't show it at all, but I love you more than I can comprehend. I made so many mistakes when it came to us before, but I dont wanna do that again Sophie. I want to start again with us, a clean slate. Maybe we can do it right this time."

He slides the gold ring onto my wedding finger, and I dont notice I'm crying until two tears tumble down my cheeks.

I love Louis, with all my heart. Everything he said is right. I know myself well enough to know that if that was a wedding ring, this conversation would be going differently. But a promise ring is the most I could ask from him right now, and the promise he's going to try and be better for me and that he'll always love me is all I need to hear.

"Hi. I'm Louis Tomlinson." He smiles, holding a hand out to me.

A/N : Omg the feels!! Guys omg I cant believe this is the last chapter. I love you all so much and im so happy y'all stuck with me this long. THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. The sequel will be coming soon and will be called 'Do You Remember How We Were'

Again I love you all so much, I will come back tomorrow with a list of special thank-you's to readers etc and all my soppy love for y'all.

<3 I will always remember Summer 09 <3