Chapter 23: Eternity

"You know I love you, right?" He asks me, squeezing my hand tighter.

"Of course I do." I half-smile.

"Always remember that. Okay?" He assures me, eyes glassy.

"Of course I will." I nod nervously.

"I'm leaving."

"What?"

"I'm auditioning for X-Factor."

"Will you be coming back?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. I might be sent home after auditions, bootcamp, judges houses, live shows. Any time really. But I will come back one day though. I'll never forget about you. I'll call and text every day I promise."

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too."

A single tear runs down my cheek but is stopped by his hand.

"Don't ever cry. I love you. Always have always will. I'm coming back. So if I come back and you have tears in your beautiful blue eyes you'll make me cry." He comforts me. "Come here." He whispers and pulls me in to his chest. He kisses the top of my head and we lie back. We just lie like that for an eternity. In each others arms.

**End of flashback**

"Do you ever think you're just going in circles with me?" I sigh.

"How do you mean?" Louis replies.

"Like, I feel as if every time I come close to getting you something happens and you run away."

"That's kinda how I feel." He partly agrees.

"I just think that right now we should talk, about everything. Mainly what happened in the hospital." I suggest.

"Why?" He snaps.

"Because I can't deal with us getting so close to perfect for the 3rd time and then being ripped apart. I don't have the will strength for that."

"I don't want to talk about the past!"

"We need to Louis! Other wise we'll never have a future." I say the last part quietly.

"Why do you feel like that? You know I love you. You're the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing, talented, gorgeous woman I have ever known. You always have been and you always will be." He says, his tone completely different from a moment ago when he was shouting at me. He's being sweet and loving now and I don't know what to think. He sighs deeply before continuing. "The past for us is a really bad time. I think we should just start again. Try our hardest to bring it together and not ever give up."

"Okay." I say. He takes a step towards me and we end up with our arms around each other, our lips pressed together.

It's then that I know that I still love him. Always have. Always will. And I could stay with him for an eternity. In each other's arms.