Chapter 7

Hey guys!! :) Thanks for voting and commenting last chapter! :D it means a lot to me! you guys ARE AMAZING!! :') Here's chapter 7 for you guys! It's getting interesting ;)

Ariel's POV:

It's Thursday morning at school and everyone is buzzing about Matt's party tomorrow night. I have other thoughts on my mind though. "Can you believe it's our last back to school party?" Kristi asks me and I shake my head. "It's unreal." I say and she giggles. "We get to boss everyone around there." she says with a wink and I laugh. "We'll show them what's up." I say fake roughly and she laughs. "What are you two lovely ladies laughing about?" of course he would. We both turn around to see Louis leaning against the wall behind us. "We're laughing about how much fun we'll have at the party tomorrow night!!" Kristi exclaims and I face palm. Louis' eyes light up with excitement and a grin appears on his face.

"Oh I can't wait for the party. I'll have so much fun." he says looking at me and I scrunch my eyebrows together. Huh? "What do you mean fun?" I ask and he laughs. "Wow, you really are clueless." he says shaking his head and I glare at him. He comes up to me with a smile on his face and leans in my ear to whisper something. "I'll be having so much fun with you Ari." he says seductively and I gasp. I shove him away from me and give him a glare, but it only makes him laugh. "I love a good fight." he says with a wink and walks off.

I groan in frustration and turn to Kristi. "He's such a...a..." I say, trying to find the right word to describe him. "You think he's an A-hole?" she finishes for me and I clap my hands together and point at her. "YES!!" I say frustrated and she laughs. "Oh Ari, it's so cute how mad he makes you. No one has ever made you this flustered before." she says with a grin and I huff. "Kris...you're supposed to be on my side!!" I whine and she laughs. "Oh don't worry I am on your side, I'm just pointing stuff out." she says with a wink and I chuckle. "You're crazy girl. You know that?" I tell her and she scoffs. "Of course I know that!"

We laugh it off and go to classes. My mind keeps going back to what I've been thinking of all morning and it sends pain through my body. Thankfully the day goes by fast and now I'm standing at the gate with Kristi. "Don't forget to call tonight! I know it's going to be a tough one for you." she says seriously and I sigh. "Thanks Kris. I know I'll really need you tonight." I mumble and she pulls me into a hug. "It only affects you at nighttime, because that's when you really think about it." she says and I nod, knowing she was right. "I know, I just can't help it." I mutter and she squeezes my hand before leaving. "Love you Ari!" she says and I smile. "Love you too Kris!"

If you're wondering what that was about, it's my dad's anniversary of the day he died. It's been seven years...seven whole years without him here. I walked home silently, looking down at the ground remorsefully as I thought about him. That note...that note he left me and my mom changed my entire life for the worse. Tears began to prick my eyes and I let out a sigh. I was shaken from my thoughts when an arm was slung on my shoulder. I looked up to see Louis smiling down at me slyly and I looked back down. I didn't feel like pushing him away, I was too sad to do so.

"What's wrong babe?" he asks concerned and I ignore what he just called me and look at him from the corner of my eye. "Nothing." I say sadly and he stops where he is and grabs my hand, causing me to stop too. "You're a bad liar Ariel. And you're eyes are misty. What's wrong?" he asks with worry written all over his face and I sigh. "Just...just...a bad day." I finally say and try to free myself from his grasp, but he just holds on tighter. "Look at me Ariel." he says directly and I find myself obeying, looking into his crystal blue eyes. "What?" I ask and he stares at me.

"What happened?" he asks and for a moment I feel like telling him, but then I remember who I'm talking to. I shake my head numbly and I feel my chin start to tremble. I hate it when people ask if I'm okay, it makes it worse! "Please...don't make me Louis." I beg him and surprise flashes across his face. Maybe it was because I usually scream at him, or it was because I NEVER beg. "I won't." he says finally and I bite my lip to keep my sobs in. Of all people, why did he have to see me vulnerable??