Chapter 33

Louis' POV:

I had just sauntered into my house, glad that my mom was out looking for jobs today. I didn't want anyone to see how pitiful I looked right now.

I was soaked head to toe in water, my eyes were bloodshot and I was still crying. Closing the door behind me, I let myself sink to the ground, my teeth gritted together as I thought of how much of a screw up I was.

If I had just not said a word to Harry, said that I was just 'waiting for the right time' or some lie like that, he would've never felt obligated to tell her what happened. Or if I had just been a man and told her about it in the first place, then told her that I was no longer going to do that, I wouldn't be sitting here alone in my house, crying my eyes out.

I didn't know what I could do about this situation. I had tried and tried to talk to Ariel every single time I saw her today, but she wouldn't have it. She wouldn't listen to me, Kristi, or Harry. I don't think she's going to listen to anyone now.

I just don't know what to do. I love her, I love her with all my heart, and she was ripped out from my grasps because of my stupid mistake. I didn't know what to do about it either, especially if she wouldn't listen to me.

Finally pulling myself together and getting off the floor, I begin to slowly walk towards the kitchen to grab me something to eat or drink, because honestly I needed a distraction at the moment.

But I didn't even make it to the kitchen when a knock sounded at my door. Hope welled up in me as I thought that it might be Ariel coming to give me a chance to talk, so I quickly ran to the door, opening it up as fast as I could.

My face fell and fear came to my eyes as I saw Ariel's mom glaring at me from the doorway, standing with an umbrella over her head to block the rain from hitting her.

She marched into the house and I stepped aside, not wanting to get in her way. I knew that Ariel's mom would find out, I was just hoping to avoid any conversation with her. But obviously...that wasn't going to happen.

"Just who do you think you are, doing that to her? She trusted you and you play her this entire time? What do you think you're doing to my daughter!!" she screams at me and I wince back from the hatred in her voice.

"I didn't." I croak, my voice still scratchy from crying, and I knew my eyes were red as well.

Ariel's mom caught on to it and her posture softened slightly before she crosses her arms, holding her umbrella down as she looked at me. "I need an explanation to explain to me why my daughter can't stop crying up in her room and refuse to come out." she snaps at me and pain shoots through me. I don't want Ariel to cry, I don't want her hurt.

"It was a bet in the beginning, but that was when I first met her! She was known as the 'troublemaker' of the school and some people told me that she broke every guys heart, and they wanted me to break her. It sounded fine to me at first so I agreed, but as I got to know her, I didn't want to do it anymore." I start and she huffs, waiting for me to finish.

"I called off the bet a long time ago, but one of the guys thought that Ariel was still playing me, so he told her that I was still playing her. He said he did it to prevent my heart from breaking or some crap like that, but in reality it broke both of us. I never wanted her to feel this pain, not after I actually got to know her. I love your daughter." I finish and she sighs, looking down at the ground.

"This is screwed up, Louis. And you know it too." she mutters and I nod my head, looking down sadly. "I tried to talk to her to explain, but she won't listen to me. Kristi and Harry are trying to tell her that too, but she won't listen to them." I say and she shakes her head.

"Ariel's a stubborn girl, it's going to take a lot to get her to listen to you." she says, looking me in the eyes. "When Ariel told me, I thought something was wrong about how you did that to her, especially when I could see how much you loved her in your eyes. So I thought to come question you myself, and I'm glad I did." she says and I give her a small smile, glad that she understood me.

"If you want to get through to her again, you're going to have to start at the beginning." her mom says and I frown, furrowing my eyebrows together. "But she hated me in the beginning." I say and her mom laughs.

"I know she did, but she only hated you to cover up how much she liked you. No one has ever made her more infuriated than you did, especially when you first met. I knew something was up, but I decided to keep my mouth closed. You forced your way into her life, which is something she wasn't used to, so it made her seem like she hated you." she says and I can't help the smile that comes to my face.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you may have to do what you did the very first time." she says, getting serious again and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I guess I'm not understanding, you want her to hate me again?" I ask her and she shakes her head at me. "No, I'm saying that you have to get back inside her head." she says and I nod my head slowly.

"She still loves you, Louis, I know she does. I can tell by the way she's still depressed over this whole situation. If she didn't love you, she wouldn't be crying and she would be back to her usual self." her mom says and I slightly smile.

If Ariel still loves me deep down, then I still have a chance to get her back. And I'll have to take that chance. I need to do whatever it takes to get back my love.

"So how do you want me to get back inside her head so that she'll listen to me?" I ask her and she smiles at my slyly.

"She's not going to like it, but you're going to have to use the exact same tactics you used when you first met her." she says and my eyes widen in realization as we both say the word that would be the key to get Ariel back into my life.

"Force."

Hey guys!! :) Sorry this chapter is a little shorter, but I decided that you needed a little bit of planning for the next few chapters to come ;) haha so I hope you like it! :D love you all!! Please continue to COMMENT and VOTE!!

xx