Chapter 19

Ariel's POV:

I took in a shaky breath as Louis too my hands, staring at me with worried eyes as I was about to spill my biggest secret to a person I never thought I'd trust.

"You have to understand Louis...this...this is really, really hard to do. I haven't really told anyone." I say and he nods to me, rubbing his thumb over my hand.

"You can tell me anything baby, I won't think of you any differently."

With his words of encouragement I sighed, looking down as I began my story.

"Seven years ago my dad...he killed himself. At first we didn't know why but he had left us a note. One for each of us, my mother and I."

I looked up to see an emotion I couldn't place on Louis' face. "What note?" He asks stiffly and I get up, offering my hand to him. He takes it with a confuse look and I lead him upstairs, into my room and sit him down on my bed.

I go to my dresser table and take out the note that my dad had written to me. I unfolded it, the words entering my mind and I felt tears streaking down my face.

I hand Louis the letter an watch as he reads it, fury and shock on his face as he reads the words. No one, and I mean no one besides my mother has ever seen this note, not even Kristi.

"This is screwed up. That's...how could a father say that to his daughter??" He asks furiously and I let out a sob, almost crumpling to the floor if it weren't for Louis' arms wrapping around me.

I sobbed into his chest as he tightened his grip around me. "So what happened next? I know that letter leads to something." He asks, trying to be as calm as possible.

I clutched his shirt in my hands, the tears overflowing my eyes.

"He...he hired...he hired people to come...come take me away." I cry, and he tilts my head up so I was looking at him. "What are you saying baby?"

"He sold me. He sold me to be tortured. Physically and mentally." I say and it goes dead silent. Sometimes I wish I could go inside his mind to see what's going through his mind.

I look up at his face and it's filled with a mixture of emotions: anger, worry, sadness, fury and guilt.

Louis' POV:

I was so angry, sad, and so freaking guilty when I heard about this. First of all how could her father write her such a cruel letter???? Secondly HOW COULD HE RUIN HER LIKE THAT?!?!?!

I felt guilty because I was playing her about this too. But this wasn't a game for me anymore, I've actually fallen for this fiery, broken girl.

I knew there was more, so much more and everything was finally starting to piece together.

"Go on." I encourage, trying not to lose my temper. She looks at me with watery eyes and I wipe her cheek, clearing off her tears.

"They made me play 'games' with them. If I lost I was punished. If I won...I was...awarded with...with se-sexual th-things." She sobs and I feel like a ton of bricks hit me. That's why she said she never wanted to play a game.

Now I feel like a jerk. More than that really.

"Shh, it's alright baby. It's alright. Nothing is going to happen to you while I'm around." I say and she softly nods, holding me close.

With my past, I could easily defend her and keep her safe.

"What else is there?" I ask her and she looks me in the eye.

"That went on for four years. It stopped just before I got into high school. My mom couldn't do anything about it because of my father's will, he had it in there that I would go to these 'professional breakers' as he called them, for four years at the least." She says and my mouth dropped.

First he blames her for his death then he goes and says that she had to be tortured for it. What kind of sick man was her father??

"Then when high school started I thought it would be better but I began to have...nightmares. So vivid and so realistic that I couldn't sleep for months. I still have trouble sleeping now." She whispers and I hold her tightly on my lap as she tells her past.

"They told me they would come back for me. And they are! Louis I'm so tired and sick of this. I can't take another game." She says and I nod.

"Baby, I'll promise you this right now, as long as I'm here they will never touch you. They won't hurt you." I say sincerely and she offers me a small smile. "Thank you Louis." She whispers and kisses my cheek.

She looks so fragile right now and I can't help but feel the strong need to protect her. Normally, I would care less about the girl and just go for the win, but with Ariel, it was so different. I was actually feeling for her, real emotions that I couldn't explain or understand.

"What kind of things did they do to you?" I ask gently, trying not to push my boundaries. She lets out a shaky breath and looks away, memories dancing in her eyes.

"Brendon...beat me with a whip most of the time. You can still see his 'creation' as he called it on my shoulder." She says and anger runs through my body.

"Let me see." I say and she shakes her head. "Please, I want you to know that I still adore every part of your body." I whisper and I see the faint blush on her cheeks.

She turns around and moves her hair off her shoulder, removing one of the straps of her dress to reveal all of her shoulder blade. And...oh my gosh....

A 'B' was carved into her skin. Slowly and carefully, I leaned down and kissed her shoulder blade, right here the scar was.

"Nothing changes the fact that you're beautiful. No scar could demolish your beauty." I say and she sniffs as I turn her back around, fixing her strap and smiling at her softly.

"Louis, I just don't know what I did wrong. It's my fault that my dad is dead, he said it too. Brendon was right, I am a murderer." She says and I shake my head.

"No, he's so wrong. So is your dad. Your dad...he just couldn't find anyone to blame it on so he pinned it on you. Brendon is just a bastard as it is and he'd say anything to make you feel bad or weak." I say and she looks away.

"None of this is your fault, I promise." I say and she snuggled against my chest, me caressing her hair and holding her to me.

"Thank you Louis. Thank you for listening and not judging me." She whispers and I kiss her forehead.

Everything go about her made sense. Why she hated guys? She was tormented by them so she decided to do the same. Why she hated games? Because she was the subject of too many cruel ones.

It just clicked and it made sense to me. "You're welcome baby, I'll always look after you." I say and she hugs me tighter.

Here we were, sitting in her bedroom with her cuddled in my lap as she revealed to me the darkest secret of her past. Everything felt so perfect. But it was so wrong.

She'd been through so much crap and I was betraying her. Played so many games and I was putting her through a game she never suspected.

I don't know what to do.

It's all out! How do you think it'll play out? Sorry if it's short I wrote this on my phone!! Haha anyways, Comment, Vote and Fan!!!

xx-Haylee