Chapter 52

The next chapter will be the final chapter of this story. Wow, I can't believe it haha. But for this chapter, a lot of time has passed by, okay? I've fast forwarded to the end of their senior year, basically to their graduation. So I hope you all enjoy this!

Ariel's POV:

 I let out a nervous sigh, adjusting the cap on the top of my head as I sat in the hallway, anxiously waiting for the ceremony to begin. We had finished our senior year. We actually made it.

I finished 8th in my class, which was pretty amazing considering the time I was in the hospital. Now was the time for graduation, and I was so nervous to go out in front of everyone. I was still confined to my wheelchair, but that didn't seem to bother people.

In fact, the first day I went back to school, everyone was coming up to me and saying how much they missed me, or that they were worried about me. It truly touched me, knowing that I actually had a lot of people worried about me like that. I had no idea so many people cared for me.

Both Louis and I were going to attend the same college, too. We both got accepted to the University of London, where we would be attending in the fall. He got us an apartment that was close to campus, so that we could live together. It was sweet that he wanted to take care of me, despite my constant nagging that I was only a bother to him. His answer to that was always no.

I snapped out of my thoughts as the music started to play, signaling for us to start going out. I wheeled myself out, behind the others before me, my heart beating in my chest. I saw people standing up for us as we walked in, some clapping while others cheered.

My mother was in the fifth row, happy tears in her eyes as she waved at me as I rolled by her. I gave her a smile back, not able to use my hands at the moment. As we approached our seats, I noticed that they didn't give me a chair, since I would be in my wheelchair. I rolled into my spot and turned around, looking as Kristi sat behind me, while Louis took the chair two over from me.

The ceremony began and some of the kids in our class got up to speak, making us laugh as well as tear up. The whole graduation was going by quicker than I had suspected, which was weird for me, thinking that this may be some of our last times together.

"Now, we will hand out the diplomas." the sentence our principal spoke made my eyes widen, realizing that I had missed the majority of the graduation because I had spaced out. They began to call out our names, one by one us walking up and grabbing the diplomas, shaking our principals' hand.

"Ariel Valentine."

I took a deep breath, rolling myself up to the principal where he held out my diploma to me, a big smile on his face. "Congratulations Ariel, you made it." he says and I smile back, nodding my head to him as I shook his hand, my diploma now resting in my palm.

Cheers came up from the crowd and I turned, seeing a lot of people cheering for me just like they had done the other students. I wheeled myself around, going back to my spot and waiting for the rest to be called.

"Louis Tomlinson." I smiled as Louis got up, walked over to the principal with pride and shook his hand. As Louis walked back, he flashes me a smile, which I gladly return. "We did it." he says in my ear before he sits down and I nod my head, happy with our accomplishment.

"Kristi Love." I watched with a big smile as Kristi walks over to the principal, gladly taking the diploma and shaking his hand. Whenever she turns back to walk to her seat, she lifts her fist in the air, making me and some people in the audience laugh.

"We're out of here forever." she says before sitting behind me, all of us happy and content. Harry, Niall, Zayn, and Liam were all called up there as well, and I smiled at them as they came back, all giving me thumbs up.

Whenever our principal said we could move our tassle, I did so with a happy grin on my face, looking at my mother as he announced us as the graduates of this school year. Everybody let out a cheer and threw our caps in the air.

I laughed as they fell back down, hitting us in the head or falling to the ground. Louis came over to me, cupping my face and giving me a big kiss. Whenever he pulls back, I can't help but smile at him.

"We've done it!" he yells over the cheers and I nod my head. "We really did." I say and he smiles at me warmly.

After the graduation, we took pictures with family and friends, giving out hugs and having a good time. I found myself just smiling as I watched everyone around me, knowing that I really was going to miss my class. Sure, school wasn't great, but I did have some great friends.

"You ready to go?" Louis asks me and I nod my head, feeling a bit tired after the long day. Kristi and I say goodbye before Louis, my mom and I leave. We weren't going to the after party, seeing as it wouldn't be much fun for me or Louis.

As we got into the car, I let out a sigh of relief, looking out my window before smiling, watching the sun set over the horizon.

"This is the beginning of something much greater than what I've had here...and I'm ready for it."

Sorry for the extremely short chapter :( It wasn't going to be very long either way, so I hope you understand that. The next chapter is going to be the epilogue, so that means it's the last chapter of this book, forever. I can't wait for you to read it, because it has a surprise in store for you all!!