Chapter 51

Ariel's POV:

Today is the day that I go back home. It both excites me and scares me at the same time. As of now, I was officially released from the hospital.

Louis was wheeling me down the halls and towards the door. All the nurses and doctors were watching me go down the hallway with smiles on their faces, some of them even clapping for me. I felt embarrassed by the attention, but it made me feel somewhat happy that they were all cheering for me. I felt loved by all of the staff here at the hospital, and that really made it special for me.

"Looks like you're really going to be missed." Louis says in my ear and I smile up at him, nodding my head slightly. "Seems like it. I'm kind of going to miss them too, but I'm so ready to go home." I say and Louis smiles back at me and nods his head.

He rolls me out the doors and I see my mother waving at me by the car. I wave back to her, watching as she opens up the door for me. Sadness comes to my eyes momentarily as I think of how I will always need help getting in and out of vehicles, but I quickly shake it off.

Louis gently picks me up and sits me inside the car, smiling at me as he grabs the wheelchair and goes to the other side to put it in. I buckle myself in the car as Louis puts my wheelchair inside, closing the door before going up to the front with my mom.

"I'm so excited for you to be home. I've cleaned your room and gotten everything looking brand new, just so that you can have a good time when you're home." my mother says, her excitement bubbling over as she continues to speak, and I find myself laughing at her.

The car ride was filled with my mom's happy banter and our occasional sentences thrown in there, but I couldn't be happier. As we pulled up to the front of our house, tears gathered in my eyes. I hadn't been here in what seemed like so long, but it was really just around two months. That's still a long time, for me.

Louis got my wheelchair out and brought it around to me, carefully putting me in it as he started to wheel me towards the house. He had the biggest grin on his face and I couldn't help but wonder why.

"Welcome home, Ariel." Louis says as my mom opens the door, and a gasp escapes my lips as I see several people in our house, smiling at me.

"Surprise!!" they cheer and I cover my mouth with my hands, tears forming in them. Kristi, Harry and his little gang, Destiny and more were here, smiling at me and coming up to me.

Kristi hugged me tightly, her shoulders shaking and I could tell she was crying. I hugged her back, tears in my eyes as well as I was finally reunited with my best friend. "I was so worried for you." she whispers and I hold her tighter.

"I missed you so much." I murmur and she pulls back, wiping tears from her eyes as she smiles down at me. "I'm glad you're home Ari." she says, calling me by my old nickname and I laugh.

Harry comes up to me, rubbing the back of his head uncomfortably before he finally gives me a smile. "Welcome back, Ariel. I guess I was wrong about you the entire time, I didn't know anything. I'm sorry for all the times we fought." he says and I smile back at him.

"I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to act all hateful towards you, I just didn't want to let my guard down." I say and he smiles brightly at me, giving me a small hug, which I return. "So, how about a new start?" he asks and I nod my head to him happily.

"I'd really like that." I say to him and he gives me a thumbs up. "We're friends then, right?" he asks and I laugh at him. "Of course." I say and he smiles to me.

Everyone comes up to me, saying how much they missed me at school or something like that. I made up with everyone there, telling them sorry and saying that I wanted a fresh start. All of them were elated about that, and I got what I needed most.

Closure.

Everyone had forgiven me for ever doing anything bad to them, and vice versa. Harry's little gang and I were all good now, and we actually got on better than I had ever imagined. Kristi was more than happy at that fact, as she and Zayn had just started to date.

The little welcome home party they threw for me lasted about two hours until my mother said that it was time for everyone to go home. She wanted me to rest, which was perfectly understandable in my situation, so they all left easily.

Louis was the only one who stayed behind, waiting on me by the stairs with a smile on his face. I rolled my wheelchair over to him and gave him a glare, my lips twitching upwards in a smile.

"You planned that entire thing, didn't you?" I accuse him playfully and he laughs, putting his hands up in the air in mock surrender.

"You caught me. Yes, I did. I wanted to make you feel at home, and so that you knew everyone was on your side this entire time. They've been dying to come see you." he says and a small smile comes to my face.

"I got what I needed, thanks to you. I don't know if I can thank you enough, Louis." I whisper and he smiles at me, picking me up from my wheelchair gently and carrying me upstairs in the princess cradle. My hands were wrapped around his neck as he walked up the stairs.

Once he got to my room, he laid me down on my bed gently, smiling at me as I got myself situated in my bed.

"Welcome home, Ariel." he whispers and I look up at him, watching him lean in towards me. I smile at him, leaning in too as we kiss, connecting our lips for the first time in what feels like forever. I've missed him, honestly, and I'm glad that everything that happened between us was over.

"Thank you, Louis. Thank you for everything." I whisper after I break away from him and he holds my hand to his heart, rubbing circles on it with his thumb.

"I would do anything for you. I've told you before that this heartbeat is only for you, and it stays that way. I will give anything for you." he says and I give him a hug, tears gathering happily in my eyes as I hold him to me.

"And I will do anything for you too, Louis. I...I love you so much." I say and I feel him smiling before he pulls back, kissing my forehead before answering me.

"And I love you more, Ariel."

Sweet chapter! Sorry for the delay of updating :/ I was pretty busy lately, but I'm going to be updating soon!! There are 2 chapters left before this book is completed. Please stick around until the end!! Please continue to Comment and Vote!!!