Chapter 35

Song for the chapter: Only One by Yellow Card

Louis' POV:

I was still standing in the abandoned classroom in shock, holding my cheek with wide eyes as I stared out the door, the place Ariel raced out of just moments ago.

She slapped me...she actually slapped me. That was something that I never saw coming.

Her words rang through my brain and I found it hard not to let myself feel damaged by what she said. "Screw you Louis. If I have to keep everything in I will. I'll never tell you a single thing ever again."

She spoke with so much venom and hatred in her voice...so much conviction. And that part killed me. It's like she wouldn't even think of giving me a second chance. A part of me didn't blame her, but another half of me was angry at her for not giving me a chance.

I grit my teeth together, looking down at the floor angrily while I tried to think of what to do. Was I forcing this on her too soon? Should I just give up on her for now?

I shake my head, clearing my troubled thoughts before I go out of the classroom, heading for the door to the school. There's no way I'd be able to do anything in school right now anyways, because my thoughts would solely be on Ariel.

I pass through the gates, my heart sinking even further as I notice that Ariel was long gone. Of course she is, you idiot. And you didn't chase after her either.

I cringe at the accusing voice in my mind, picking my pace up to a jog as I go down the sidewalk, having a small sense of hope that maybe, just maybe, I would catch up to her. But the chances of that were really slim, and I knew in my mind that it was too late to catch her.

I've really screwed up. She trusted me more than she had trusted anyone else in her life, I knew that full well. I threw it back in her face when I told her that it was for a bet. I should've lied when she asked me, but I couldn't keep it in any longer either.

But I've trusted her more than anyone else as well. No one knows about my past and no one has ever seen me fight, something Ariel has only seen. And if I can't get back the girl who knows basically everything about me, I will fall apart.

I reach my house, slowing down to a walk as I see Ariel's front door closed and her window was drawn shut. Closing my eyes, I hung my head down and dread started to fill me.

Maybe I should just let her go. I should just stop trying for her, she's never going to listen to me. There's nothing that I can do now to make her listen. I've made the biggest mistake of my life and I can't take it back, no matter how much I want to.

My feet find themselves walking to my front door, a numb feeling setting in over me. It was hopeless, there was no way that Ariel would stay with me and talk to me. She even escaped from when I got her into that classroom alone.

This whole 'force' plan that Ariel's mom and I had formed was falling to pieces, it just wasn't going to work. I was realizing that fact too.

I go into my house, once again ignoring my mother's shocked expression from seeing me home from school earlier than usual. I dragged myself to my room, slamming the door shut behind me and going to my window, sitting down on it and looking out to Ariel's window.

Her curtains were drawn closed, but I was wishing that they weren't. My mind aimlessly wandered, thinking of all the memories that Ariel and I had shared in our fragile relationship, something I would never forget.

As more memories played through my mind, I felt a tear drop fall onto my hand. Looking down at it and realizing that I was indeed crying, I squeezed my eyes shut, bringing a hand up to my forehead in frustration.

She's insane if she thinks that I don't care about her, she really is. Why would I show her things about me if I didn't trust her and care for her? The same way she wouldn't tell me anything unless she trusted me.

She was blinded right now, she's crazy and all she is looking at is the tip of the iceberg, the surface of the entire thing. If she would stop to look underneath, she would find out that there was a lot more going on and she could understand.

But being as stubborn as she is, it's almost impossible for her to see that deep down.

That's why I should give up, isn't it? She's not going to listen to me no matter what, she has it in her mind that everything and everyone is against her, and that nothing is going right in her world.

In a way, she's right. But then again she's not. Nobody's against her, we are actually all working together so that she can see the truth of the matter, the truth being that we wanted the best for her and that ultimately I was what's best...and vice versa.

If I could, I would let the situation just slide away from me, but I know that I can't do that. I wish that I didn't care so much for her, I wish I didn't love her. If I didn't love her, I wouldn't be feeling like this and I could just give up on her.

But since I do care and love her, I can't just let her go. I want to give up on her, although I know deep inside me that I would never be able to.

She's stubborn, blinded by betrayal, crushed and confused about this whole situation. And it's up to me to make sure that she sees it.

That's why I can't give up on her, I suppose. If I don't help her through this, she will shut out everyone in the world to keep herself safe.

A knock on my door disrupted me from my thoughts, but all I do is look out the window, not bothering to turn to the door, knowing that it was my mother.

"Louis?" she asks softly and I just huff as a reply. I should show more sympathy towards the woman, she has no idea what is going on and I'm cutting her off right now. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her, she'd only be disappointed in me.

"You don't need to mope in your room all day, go to the park or something." she says sweetly, not even bothering to ask what was wrong, because she obviously knew that I wasn't going to tell her anything.

"I don't want to." I answer flatly and I hear her sigh. "I'll see you at dinner, then?" she asks hopefully and my eyes blankly stare out the window, debating on her question.

"Maybe." I say and I hear her footsteps retreating away from my door.

Honestly, it wasn't that I didn't want to get my mind off of this and go off to someplace, I just felt completely drained, like I couldn't move.

It's like when Ariel wasn't with me, I wasn't complete. I couldn't do just simple tasks like going for a walk. She's drained me of my energy, but I know that this is only the beginning.

"Ariel, please don't give up on me yet. Please."

So sad :p Sorry that they aren't back together, that'd just be rushing things, wouldn't it? Haha, anyways, I really hope you like this chapter. It shows how conflicted Louis really is and what he's going through as well. Please continue to COMMENT and VOTE, they really make my day better :) Love you all!! xx