Chapter 46

Louis' POV:

Tears rolled down my face as I saw Ariel being wheeled into another room and the door slamming shut, locking her inside as the doctors did everything they could to save her life.

'I love you Louis, please don't forget that.'

Her words made me grit m teeth together, looking down at the floor as my body shook in pain and anguish. It's not fair, it's truly not fair how horrible life can treat others. Ariel hasn't done anything wrong in her life, yet now she may be dead.

She doesn't even know the truth of her father, for crying out loud!! She doesn't deserve to go through this! She doesn't deserve to feel as if she's putting others in pain. It's not her fault.

Tears were streaming down my face as I continued to think about my poor Ariel. 'Take care of my mom. Just take care of her.' It pained me to know that above all else, Ariel knew that her mother would need the most support.

Ariel would've known that I can take care of myself, even if she does die, but she knew that her mother would be completely helpless. It's sad to know that even while she is dying, Ariel wants to help others around her.

And people at school think she's a cruel, heartless girl when she's really the sweetest person alive.

Tears continued to drip down my face as I put my hand over my eyes, shielding them from other's view. Ariel was wrong. She may have thought I would be able to be tough and help myself through this, but I don't know if I can. She's my world, and I can't have my world go away from me.

"Louis, what's wrong?" Ariel's moms voice broke in through my thoughts, making me turn around slightly to see her staring at me with wide eyes. She had went to the bathroom when we first got here and that's when I saw Ariel being wheeled out of her room with doctors screaming at one another in a hurry.

"I-it's Ariel." I say, my voice wobbly and from the way I was crying, Ariel's mom immediately put a hand over her mouth, tears gathering in her eyes. "Please don't tell me she's dead." she begged me and I shook my head.

"I don't know." I say honestly and her mom begins to sob and I go over to her and hold her up before she falls to the ground crying. She sobs into my shoulder and I begin to cry again, my eyes welling up with tears as I think of how Ariel may not be making it through this surgery.

"Her spine broke on the way to the room, and the doctor's had to do immediate spine removal. I don't know if she made it through or not." I whisper to her, summarizing the incident that I witnessed just a few minutes ago.

"I need her to be alive." her mother whispers to me and I nod my head to her as I hold her tightly to me. "I have to have her." I whisper quietly and Ariel's mother clutches my shirt tightly.

Pulling away from her, I turn my head to see Ariel's room still opened. "Let's go sit down in here." I murmur and her mother nods her head, following me as we head inside of her room.

When we get there, Ariel's mother sits down in the first chair she sees, putting her head in her hands as she silently sobs into them. I, however, wandered around the room just observing it. I didn't want to focus on anything negative, because I think that we already have enough of that in our lives right now.

As I walk by Ariel's bedside table, I notice a note on it that wasn't there before. What is that? Out of curiosity, I pick up the piece of paper and unfold it, looking at the writing on it.

Tears fill my eyes once again as I read the section Ariel wrote specifically for me, her words truly striking a cord with me.

'Dear Louis,