Chapter 11

Hey everyone!! :D I'm so happy to say that this story is at 700 views!! :) you have no clue how much it means to me!! So I'm giving you guys I hope a really good chapter for your dedication!! :D I love you all!!

Ariel's POV:

This weekend was a nightmare. I couldn't do anything it felt like. The past two days I've been curled up in my room crying my eyes out in fear or just staring blankly at the wall. I didn't come out of my room. I hardly even moved. My mom asked me what was wrong but only for the second time in my life, I didn't tell her the truth. THAT'S how bad this was. I told her I was sick and she left me alone, only bringing me soup every once in a while. I've ignored everyone's calls, texts and e-mails. I put myself in a solitude over the weekend. Every time I tried to sleep nightmares haunted my mind and left me feeling alone, shaking and frightened. You happy now Louis? Is this what you wanted??

But now, it's Monday morning and I have to get ready for school. How was I even going to make it there alive?? I didn't want to go anywhere but I had to. It was only the second week of school and it felt like torture. It was a never ending pit of despair. I stand at the door to my house, wearing a baggy top and yoga pants with my hair in a loose braid. Hardly any makeup on. In all honesty I looked like crap. I took a deep breath before opening my door and stepping out into the cool morning breeze.

I walked swiftly past Louis' house and down the road, trying to distance myself from his home. The thought of what happened Friday night scared me. I didn't like how...possessive and cruel he was. It's like he refused for something not to go his way. I was almost to the school when a hand grabbed my shoulder, stopping me. I sucked in a deep breath and stood still, facing away from this stranger, though I had a pretty good idea of who it was. "Why are you walking so fast Ari? Are you trying to get away from me?" Louis says into my ear and I shudder in fear.

"Yes I am. I thought I made that clear." I spit, trying to be brave and not let him see how scared I truly was. I jerk away from him and give him a hard glare. My eyes widened as I saw the black eye on his face. Did I do that? His blue eyes sparkle with amusement and I realize I'm giving him what he wants: a game. I just turn around and walk away, ignoring the footsteps behind me. Inside I was freaking out, wondering if he was going to jump me or something. I finally reach the school gates and look around for Kristi. "ARIEL YOU'RE ALIVE!!" her voice screeched and soon I was nearly tackled into a hug. I smile at her and hug her back. Oh man I'm relieved someone else was here so I had someone to help me against Louis.

"Yeah I'm alive." I say with a laugh and she gives me a hard look. "Why didn't you answer anything of mine over the weekend??" she asks and I get quiet. "I was sick." I say lamely and she raises her eyebrow suspiciously. I smile at her and start to walk towards the school. Hopefully she'd drop it. I heard a chuckle behind me and glance over my shoulder. Louis is staring at me with a smirk on his face while shaking his head. Obviously he didn't believe it either. I just ignored him and walked away. If it killed me, I was going to completely ignore him.

Louis' POV:

I heard her say she was sick and I tried not to bust out laughing. Honestly, how stupid does she think we are? Kristi didn't even believe her! That's how bad she was at lying. I walked into the school and went to my locker, where a little mirror hung on the wall. She gave me a shiner alright. My eye hurt so bad and was black. I guess I deserved it. I was such a jerk to her Friday night. Honestly I don't know why I acted like that. I've never been that way towards a girl, so why did Ariel make me act differently?

She was just a good challenge, that's all. That's all she was. As much as I tried to convince myself of that, something nagged in the back of my head saying she wasn't. But I've never fallen for one of my games, so this time couldn't be any different. Could it? I shake off the thought and go to class. Ariel flat out ignores me as I walk in, not even acknowledging my presence. I huff in annoyance but shake it off. I did act like an arse to her, so I did kinda deserve it. But why did it affect her so much that she shut everyone off for two days? I sit behind her and stare at her back, trying to think of what might have been the cause for it. My eyes widened as I thought of that one night when I caught her talking to Kristi. Maybe it had something to do with that?