The invitation Part 1

"Come on Tom, It will be great. Everybody that's anyone is going to be there." That's my girlfriend of the last two years. Sue. She had just got a invitation to a costume party and was very excited. I on the other hand wasn't.

   Sue and I were in our senior year in school and have been dating since our junior year. She was the out going one I was the secluded one. She had her other girlfriends and always going to the mall, movies, or whatever they were doing I just don't know. I was the secluded one I stayed at home didn't go anywhere unless I had to and stayed to myself. Sue girlfriends always asked her what she saw in me. She would only say that I was shy and she could help me come out of my shell.   Her girlfriends always said that if she could crack that nut(the nut being me). She would be considered the greatest self esteem builder of all time. Then they would also say that too bad there's nothing you could do about him being weird. She would just laugh and told them you'll see someday. Which one of her friends would say. "When? When you old and gray and can't do anything? Give up on him Sue he's a loser. There more guys out there that would love to have you as a girlfriend. He's never even taken you out on a date yet."

   Sue would only smile and say. "You'll see someday."

   Of course her girlfriends would always say. " Whatever, Sheesh, and What a waste."

   "Come on Tom it said I can bring a date with me. That's you." Sue always said.

   "But I don't have a costume and you know I hate parties." I complained.

   "Oh, Come on you never go anywhere and I think this will do you some good to see that the world is a bigger place than you room." COME ON PLEEEEEASE?????" She whined. She always whined when she wants something she knows she going to get.

   " All right. all right already, Whatever. Just don't whine anymore O.K.? Please for  my sake?" I conceded and she knew I would. " When is this so called party?" I asked.

   "In two weeks. I'm so happy that you agreed to take me on our first date ever!" She said jumping up and down and squealing.

   "It's not that big of a deal." I said.

   "It is to me. Just wait until I tell all my gal pals the great news that we are going on a date together for the first time. They're going to flip out." She squealed again.

   " Can't you just not tell your........oh never mind." I said.

   " What? Not tell who or what." She asked. She got me cornered on my own comment.

  "Never mind even if say not to tell anyone your going to do it anyway. So whatever." I said.

   " You got that right. I would." She said sounding like a schoolgirl in the third grade saying I know a secret I know a secret and I'm not going to tell. Irritating.

   " Yeah, I thought so. What time is it?" I asked.

    "It says 6:00 P.M. Costumes required." She read out loud.

   "Exactly where is this being held at?" I asked.

   " It says here at the old Brownstone mansion." She read.

   "Wait a minute did you say the Brownstone mansion?" I asked.

   "Yeah, what about it. If you don't know where it is there's directions on the second page." She said.

   "Oh, I know where it is and also that place is supposed to be haunted too." I told her.

  " This will be great a costume party at a haunted mansion.  What could be better." She said jumping up and down.

   " Not going that's how." I said with a little force.

   She looked at me with a glare in her eyes and said. "You already told me you were taking me and if you don't I'll come to your house and drag you down there and that is FINAL! I HAVE SPOKEN!"

   " I..er.. that is...ah...you see...ah....I'll pick you up at 5:30." I stammered. I have never seen her that angry. Her eyes I swear had turned red when she said the "I have spoken" part so guess I  was  going like it or not.

   "Well, I guess I have some time to get a costume." I said.

   "What are you going to be?" She asked.

   " I don't know yet but I got two weeks to decide." I said. " How about you?"

   " Think I'll go as a queen or maybe a she devil so I can poke you with my pitchfork to keep you in line." She laughed.

   "Ok, Ok I'll figure something out. I promise." I said.

   "I'll keep reminding you until you get one." She said.

   " I know you will, I know you will." I said and I know she will.