The Confrontation Part 19

I changed to full werewolf and smashed through my bedroom window. I didn't care all I knew was that my mate was in danger and I had to claim her as my mate before Zack did. I ran toward the mansion. I was so taken over by rage that all I saw was red and I was out for blood Zack's blood and nothing was going to stop me or get in my way. I smashed into the forest. Breaking down trees as I went further. I was leaving a path of destruction as continued. I bulldozed everything in my path. I came across in giant boulder I leapt to the top of it and let out a thunderous howl. I wanted the world to know I was on the hunt and not to get in my way.

   My parents had left the house to find me. It wasn't hard to know where I was going since they saw the letter in my room. My dad was speeding toward the mansion as he knew that a trap was waiting for me. He was hoping that he wasn't too late. 

   I got to the mansion long before my parents got there and I smashed through the front doors. "ZACK! WHERE ARE YOU! COME OUT AND FIGHT YOU COWARD!" I boomed out. I looked around and all I saw was a speaker on the floor pointed toward the door. As I looked at it a voice came out of it. It was Zack. "Welcome. Tom. Welcome to my mansion. I figured that you probably smashed down the front doors but don't worry about that. You're probably wondering where I and Sue are. I know you are. We're not there as you can see. I can assure you that Sue is fine and not hurt."  "Tom! Help me!" Sue yelled from the background. The voice continued " You see she's just fine. Now where to find us. Hmmm. I guess you know where the proving grounds are? If you do that's where you'll find us. If you don't know there is a map attached to the back of the speaker to give you directions. Come find us I'll be waiting for you." The speaker went dead.

   My blood was beyond the boiling point. I let out another thunderous howl so loud that it shattered the all windows in the room. I grabbed the map and threw the speaker across the room smashing it. I left the mansion and headed for home to get my jeep. It was going to be a long night. 

   My parents arrived at the mansion after I had left. They saw all the broken windows and the smashed speaker in the corner. " TOM?! SUE?!" My mom called out. They both searched the entire mansion and found nothing. "I wonder if they're back home." Mom said.

    "Let's head for home and see if they're there." My dad said.

    By the time they had left the mansion I had already shifted back got dressed and was on the road heading for the proving grounds according to Zack's directions. "Tom. I got a hold of Sky she's a little drowsy but not harmed.  Sue was drugged and that's why I couldn't get in touch with her." Ash said.  "Sue is tied up at someplace but I don't know where.... And where are we going?" Ash asked. "To the proving grounds that's where they are." I answered. "Tom? Do you think that Zack is sending you someplace where they aren't?" Ash asked. I stopped my jeep and said. "You have a point there. Why would he be giving me directions to where they were." "Exactly. You know and I know with you out of the picture he'll mark Sue and you'll lose her forever." Ash said.

    Just then my phone rang. It was a number I didn't know. I answered it. It was Zack. "I thought you'd be here by now. Got cold feet? Giving up?" Zack said.

   "Just wondering if you are at the proving grounds or sending me someplace that you're not." I answered.

    "Oh. I'm here all right. Waiting for you." Zack sneered.

   "Then why give me directions to where you are?" I asked.

   "A fair question. The reason that I gave you directions is that I want to end this. This is my territory and I'm the alpha here. You've been going around saying that you're the Alpha. Let me tell you something pup. You have to prove to be the Alpha. The only way you could be the Alpha is to fight me to the death. There can't be two Alphas in the same territory and this is mine!" Zack answered.

    "So it's a duel to the death." I said.

   "Duel if you want to call it but no weapons. Claws and fangs is all I need. Do you accept?" Zack asked.

    "I'll do anything to get my mate back! I ACCEPT!" I said. "Tom what do you think you're doing? Zack is more powerful and experienced than you and you know it." Ash said with a tremble in his voice. "Ash I have to do this. I have no choice." I said. "I guess you're right." Ash said lowly.

    "Good. I'm glad that you accepted at least I know that you're not a coward." Zack said. 

    "Tom don't do it he's going to kill you!" I heard Sue in the background.

    "See you soon Tom I'll be waiting. (click)." Zack said as he hung up. I started my jeep again and continued to the proving grounds.

   "He's not here and his jeep is gone." My mom said. "What should we do?" She said worriedly.

   "Call the police and tell them that now we have two missing teens." My dad said.

    I arrived at the proving grounds about a hour later. Zack was standing in the middle of  a arena with a large group of people there. "I don't like the looks of this." I thought. "Neither do I." Ash said. I walked up to the arena where they all were.

    "Welcome to the proving grounds Tom." Zack said.

    "What's with all the people here?" I asked.

    "These are my pack members. When there is a fight for an Alpha the whole pack has to be there to witness it. Don't worry they will not interfere during our little duel as you put it." Zack said.

    "At least I know it will be fair." I said.

   "That's correct. Just you verses me that's all." Zack said.

   "If and when I defeat you what will they all do to me? Tear me apart for beating their Alpha?' I asked.

    "Oh no nothing like that. If and that's a big "IF" you do beat me you become the new Alpha and they all become your pack. Everything I have goes to you. My beta will take care of all the paperwork and the legal issues for you but I don't think he'll need to. I've been challenged before and I have never lost as you can see." Zack said.

    "Where's Sue. I want to see her first." I demanded.

   "By all means. Dan bring Sue down." Zack said. Dan a big guy probably the beta left and came back with Sue. She ran up to me and flung her arms around me crying.

    "I was so scared Tom. I missed you so much." Sue sobbed.

   "There, there I'm here now calm down." I said looking into her eyes.

   "Tom. Please don't do this. He'll kill you." She said still crying.

   "He has to he challenged me there's no going back!" Zack said.

   "I'll be OK Sue. Remember I'll always love you." I said and kissed her.

   "A kiss before dying. How touching." Zack said. "Dan take Sue away from the arena for her safety." Dan nodded and started to move Sue away. Sue struggled but couldn't break free.

   "Now let's start this." Zack said.