A New Dawn Part 22

It took about two days to recover from my wounds even though my arm was still in a cast and my memories had come back completely. Dan met me at the pack house and we went into the office to sign all the paperwork for the transfer of ownership, bank accounts and property. I never knew how much paperwork was required. Dan and the pack lawyer oversaw all the signing crossing all the "T's" and dotting the "I's". Sheesh. They opened the will of Zack which I was surprised that he had one. A lot of legal rhetoric and terms were spoken then finally the lawyer stood up shook my hand and smiled "Welcome Alpha!" The lawyer said. Dan also smiled warmly.

   "It's a new day for all of us Alpha." Dan said after the lawyer left.

   "I hope I can lead the pack as good as Zack did." I said.

   "I hope not. Zack was a tyrant. Evil came out of every pore." Dan admitted.

   "But you were his Beta. Why do you say that now?" I asked.

   "Alpha, when you are a Beta you have no choice but to follow the Alpha's orders no matter how wrong or bad you think it is." Dan said lowly. "I had to do some things that I will never forget or live down. I have to carry those memories for the rest of my life."

   I put my hand on Dan's shoulder. "I'm sorry that you have had that happen. I hope that I can be a better leader." I said reassuring him.

   "It's OK Alpha. But let's concentrate on the matter at hand. You've got school tomorrow and about a month to go till you graduate." Dan said.

   "Ugh. School." I scowled.

   Dan let out a tremendous laugh. "Spoken like a true Alpha pup! Ha, Ha, Ha."

   "What? Did you like to go to school or something?" I asked.

   "No, No, nothing like that. An Alpha that has to be told to do something instead of making the rules. HA, Ha, Ha." Dan said laughing so hard the his eyes were streaming with tears..

   "I don't see how that's funny." I said.

   "Don't worry Alpha. Nobody will think any less of you that you're still in school. I'll make sure of that." Dan said still chuckling.

    "So now what?" I asked.

   "Well there is one thing that all Alphas have to do. It's extremely important to the pack." Dan said.

   "What's that?" I inquired.

   "Choose a mate. An Alpha cannot go mateless. If you do go mateless the pack could fall apart and never regain control. You'll have some pack members go rogue and others will try to challenge you for the Alpha title." Dan said.

   "I already have a mate." I said.

   "You do? Who?" Dan asked.

   "Sue." I said.

   "Well then. You'll have to claim her at the next full moon." Dan said.

  "Claim her? I thought I already did that." I said.

  "Did you mark her yet?" Dan said.

  "No. I wanted to wait until she was ready before I marked her." I said.

    "Well now you have no choice. You are going to have to mark her ready or not." Dan said.

   "I guess it's for the good of the pack and I have to take care and lead the pack as an Alpha." I said.

   "Now that! Is an Alpha speaking." Dan said.

   "I'll have to tell Sue about this so she knows what's going on before it happens." I said.

   "You have compassion Alpha. I hope you never lose that." Dan said.

   "I hope so too. I also hope that Sue is ready to become the Luna of the pack." I said.

   "I don't think that you'll have any problem. I've seen the way she looks at you and the way you look at her. You two are made for each other. I don't think there will be a problem.

   "Thanks, Dan I needed that." I said.

   Dan left the office and Sue came in her face was beaming . "Well hello there beautiful." I said to her.

   "Hello there also Alpha." Sue said smiling.

   "I'll just leave you two alone right now. I'll send the truck down to pick up your things so you two can move right in." Dan said.

    "Thanks Dan." I said.

   "You're welcome Alpha. Don't forget what I said though. It is extremely important Alpha." Dan said and left.

    "What's so important?" Sue asked.

   "Sit down Sue I have something to tell you that is going to change our lives forever." I said.

   "OK, what." Sue asked.

   "Sue I have to choose a mate during the next full moon." I said.

   "And so?' Sue said.

   "Well I want to choose you." I said.

   "I thought you already did." Sue said.

   "Not totally." I said.

   "What do you mean? Not totally." Sue asked.

   "Well during the next full moon I...I...Have to mark you." I said looking down.

   "We knew this day was going to come sooner or later." Sue said.

   "I know and I wanted to wait until you were ready and not to force you." I said. 

   "Look, Tom I love and I care for you. If need to mark me then you're going to have to." Sue said.

   "I know but marking you is like being married to you." I said.

   Sue put her hands on my shoulders and looked me straight into my eyes. "Tom. If you have to then you have to." Sue said.

   "I just don't want to force you but I have no choice." I said.

   "Tom....I'm ready." Sue said with a smile as she sat in my lap. I think I never smiled as big as I did then and kissed her.

   Just then there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I said.

   "Excuse me Alpha. The movers are now on their way here and they need to know where to put your things." Dan said. 

    "OK. Dan we were discussing things." I said.

    "Oh?.....That's good." Dan said.

   "I know what you're thinking I can see it in your eyes." I said while Dan looked away blushing. "Yes. I'll mark Sue as my mate on the full moon."

   "That's great! We'll have a great festival for our new Alpha and Luna! This is will be fantastic!" Dan said.

   "As long as you invite our parents though." I said.

   "I wouldn't think about not inviting your parents. This will be one of the biggest nights of your lives. The other pack members will all be excited." Dan said.

   "It won't be if I don't graduate from school." I said.

   "Never fear. We have the best teachers and tutors here and I'll help as much as I can to make sure you make it through." Dan said.

   "Thanks, Dan. What would I do with out you." I said.

   "I don't know Alpha." Dan said and smiled.

   I smiled also I knew this was going to be the best days of our lives. If I can get out of school that is.