The Rouge Returns Part 25

It's been three weeks since the full moon festival. Sue and I are running the pack to the best of our abilities with help from Dan. Dan's guidance and wisdom has helped us a lot. I don't know how I would get along without him he is a godsend. Sue was enjoying herself taking care of business with the other females of the pack. I was taking care of the business side for the whole pack (It's not easy). Sue and I were just getting along great we were in the same bedroom and our things had been moved into the pack house from our original homes.

   One day I was in my office when one of the guards busted in. "Alpha, Alpha." His voice was ragged and out of breath.

    "Calm down. Take a deep breath. Now tell me why you just had to bust through my office door." I told him sternly.

   He took a deep breath and let it out. "Alpha. I'm sorry  to barge  in but I have an extremely important information that requires your immediate attention."

    "Well. Come on man. Give it to me. What is it?" I asked.

   "The rouge is back in our territory. He wants to see you." He said.

    "WHAT!!! HE WANTS TO WHAT??? HOW DARE HE DEMANDS IN MY TERRITORY!!" I bellowed.

   The guard cringed. "I'm sssory my Alpha. Wwwe have him inn the wwaiting room." He stammered.

   "Don't worry I'm not mad at you. You guys did exactly what I expected. Go get Sue and make sure she is safe." I said after calming down. "And call in two more guards and have them meet me at the waiting room." I added.

    "As you whish my Alpha." He said and quickly scampered away.

    When I got to the waiting room Dan was there with two other guards. "Bring him into the meeting room and don't let him out of your sight. I don't know what his intentions are but I'm not taking any chances. Let's go Dan." I said.

   "Right behind you Alpha." Dan said.

   Dan and I got in the meeting room and got ready. The two guards knocked and I invited them in. "Take a seat." I said to the rouge pointing at a chair. "Now state your business and why you are in my territory." I added staring down at the rouge.

    The rouge looked down and spoke softly. "I'm sorry I'm in your territory but I'm looking for a pack to accept me. I've been a rouge for many years and I need to find a home."

   "So you decide to just waltz in here and ..." I started to say when Dan grabbed my arm and told me to calm down and try to be diplomatic. I nodded at him. "So why ask this of my pack. Why now since you've been a rouge for many years why now?" I asked.

   The rouge looked up and said. "I heard what happened to the Alpha here. I was hoping that the new Alpha would take me in since the old Alpha had banned me from the territory and said that we don't take in lowlife rouges. Then he told me to leave or die. I left immediately fearing for my life."

   "Is that so." I said. I looked to Dan he nodded at me confirming the rouges story. "What pack were you originally from?" I asked.

    "The Sun gazers." He said.

    "The Sun Gazers?" Dan said standing up. "That pack was wiped out years ago. How did you survive?"

    "You know of this pack Dan?" I asked.

   "Sorry Alpha. The Sun gazers were wiped out over five years ago. Zack and another pack saw to that." Dan explained.

    "Yes. It's true. I ran when the war started. My mother told me to run and keep running and hide when I could." The rouge said.

   "Hmmm....I'll need some time to decide on such a delicate matter." I said rubbing my chin.

   "Oh please Alpha. Please take me in I don't want to be a rouge anymore. I need a home." The rouge pleaded.

    "Now you know I'll have to discuss this matter with the others here. Then I will make my decision. Until then you will be led off my territory and return in a few days and I will render my decision." I said.

   "Thank you Alpha for taking time in your day to hear me out. Most packs won't give me the time of day." He said.

   "Yes, Well I'm not like most Alphas but remember this is NOT a guarantee that you will be joining my pack. I have to look  after the security and the well being of my pack." I said.

    "I understand Alpha. Thank you again." He said and was led away by the two guards.

   "What do you think Dan?" I asked after the rouge was gone.

    "I don't trust him." He said.

   "You want to tell me about this Sun gazer pack?" I asked.

 "The Sun gazers had a territory between Zack's and the Moon warriors territories. Zack and Victor, Victor was the Alpha of the Moon warriors. Anyway they got together and wanted to split the Sun gazers territory. They both declared war on the Sun gazers and they were attacked from two directions. The Sun gazers never had a chance. The whole pack was slaughtered. Men, women, even the children. All slaughtered by those two. It was a gruesome scene." Dan said looking away. I heard him sobbing.

   "Dan? Are you all right?' I asked.

   "I'm sorry Alpha. I was on the front lines. I didn't have the heart to kill the pups. I let them go. Zack and Victor had others that killed them. I cried out NO, NO, Not the pups. NO. I saw them killed. One by one they were hunted down and killed. Zack told me if I ever did anything like that again he would kill me himself. He told me there isn't any room for a weak Beta or should I say the new Omega. I was terrified. That's one of the things I'm not proud of and I never want to witness that again." Dan said. I just looked at him in complete shock. 

   "So this rouge being from the Sun gazer pack is impossible?" I asked.

   "Pretty much so." Dan said.

   "You think he's lying?" I asked.

  "If he is....I don't know why." Dan said.

   "Do you think he might be a spy sent by Victor to infiltrate my pack. Like a Trojan horse?' I asked.

   "Not by Victor. He died several years ago. Someone else is running that pack now but the news of Zack's death might have a few packs looking to take over a territory if they think there is a weak Alpha in charge." Dan said.

    "I wish we could verify who he is." I said.

   "There might be a way Alpha." Dan said.

  "How so?" I asked.

   "Interrogate him. I'll watch and listen from a different room. If he sees me and if he's from the Moon warriors pack he'll clam up. However if doesn't think I'm there he might slip up and say something that might raise a red flag. His answers will tell us which pack he's from. If he has no knowledge of the Moon warriors pack info then he might be the last of the Sun gazers but I doubt it." Dan said.

   "Interrogation sounds like a winner to me." I said.

  "Thank you Alpha." Dan said.

   "I'll send word out to the rouge in a couple of days to see what we can find out." I said.

   "Do you want me to give you some suggestion for questions Alpha?" Dan asked.

   "Sure, That would be helpful. I'll tell him that you were sent out for some pack business." I said.

   "OK, I'll get to work on the question that will help you Alpha." Dan said.

   "I'll have our electronics engineer set up the equipment that we'll need and to hide it so that rouge doesn't see it and get suspicious." I said.

    "I guess we have some work to do Alpha." Dan said.

   "I guess we do." I said with a grin.