Sue Is Missing Part 16

After Ash explained everything to me that night I was more accustomed of accepting of being a werewolf. I had found my mate and she accepted me as her mate. Everything was going to be alright. Or so I thought.

    I went to Sue's place after I tried calling her and there was no answer. When I arrived at Sue's place two police cars were there and I saw Sue's mom crying. I went up to her and asked her what happened. "Sue wasn't in her bed this morning I don't know where she is I thought maybe she was with you. Until I saw her phone and that you were trying to call her."  She sobbed. "Sue's never done this before. Where could she be. Where did she go?" She said as she cried into my chest trembling.

    "Are you her boyfriend?" The detective asked me.

    "Yes." I said.

   "When was the last time you saw Sue?" He asked.

   "Last night when I dropped her off her around 10 P.M." I answered.

   "And then what?' He asked.

    "I went home." I said.

  "Is there anyway you can verify that?" He asked.

  "You can ask Sue's mother that I dropped her off here as she was still awake at that time." I said.

  "Ma'am did this person drop off your daughter at 10 P.M. last night?" He asked Sue's mom.

  "Yes, he did." She said.

   "And then he left?" He asked.

   "Yes." She said.

   "Is there some way we can check to make sure that you were home after dropping Sue off." He asked.

   "What's this all about? You think I had something to do with her missing? Do you think that I would do anything to hurt my mate?" I asked. That's when I realized that I let the "My Mate" slip.

    "Uh.. Mate?" He asked.

   "I mean my girlfriend." I corrected.

   "Yeah, sure , right." The detective said. "We're just trying to cover all our bases and you were the last one to see her."

   "If you want to know you call my parents. They will tell you what time I came home." I said.

    "We will. What is your phone number." The detective asked.

   I gave them my phone number and my mother told him that I was home last night and I didn't leave after I came home since my mother couldn't sleep last night and was up most of the night. The detective thanked her and said that they will be in touch if anything happens. He then thanked me for my cooperation with the information I gave him. He gave me his card and said call him if I see something or hear something that will lead to Sue. He then turned to Sue's mother and told her that they were going to look for clues and let her know if they found anything. I stayed at Sue's house for a while trying to calm Sue's mom down as much as I could. I then returned home and played twenty questions with my mother about why she was getting a call from the police about the whereabouts of her son last night. When I told her why she was shocked. "Did she runaway maybe?" My mother asked.

   "No. She didn't runaway. She's in love with me and there's something else I've got to tell you. You better sit down mom this might shock you more." I said.

   Mom sat down and I told her everything. How Sue was my mate. How I was a werewolf. I even told her about Ash and Sky. Shocked wasn't the reaction I saw more humor. Mom started to laugh out loud. "You a Werewolf?  Ha, Ha, Ha. You have a a a Ha, Ha, Ha, wolf inside you?"  Not the response I expected either.

  "Yes, Mom." I said.

   "Ha, Ha, Ha. Do you hhowl at the ffull moon?" Mom continued to laugh.

   I guess there was only one way to prove it and I don't think she's going to like it. "Ash?" I asked Ash. "Hello Tom what's up? Why is your mom laughing?" Ash asked. "She doesn't believe I'm a werewolf." I said. "Oh, is that what this is." Ash said. "Yeah." I said. "You want to prove it to your mom I take it?" Ash asked. "Yeah, Can you help me out a little?" I asked. "Sure Tom hang on." Ash said.

   I stood up from the couch and stood in the middle of the living room. My mother asked me what I was doing and I told her watch and be amazed. All at once I clutched my stomach and groaned. My mother asked me if I was alright. I grunted out that I was fine and keep watching. My mom then saw my muscles start to swell and started to rip through my clothes. Fur started to cover my entire body. She watched as my ears lengthened and became more pointed. Then my face pushed out to form a muzzle with fangs. My fingers sprouted claws. Finally a tail sprouted from behind me. I stood up as a werewolf. My mother was stunned and froze with fear. "Don't hurt me. Please." Mom pleaded.

   "Don't worry mom I'm not going to hurt or eat you. I just had to prove to you that I was serious about what I said." I told her in my raspy wolf voice.

   "When did this happen?" She asked. I began to tell her the whole story that Ash had told me about my ancestors and how I was destined to be a werewolf.

   "So Sue is your mate?" She asked.

   "Yes, Mom I'm sorry I didn't come to you sooner about this." I said looking down.

   "Well, it's a lot to take in at one time. Ah, could you return to my son? I have a hard time talking to a werewolf." Mom said.

    "Sure. But could get me some clothes first? I'm not going to be covered when I turn back." I said.

  "OK, son I'll be right back." She said. With that she went to my room and got me some clothes for me. I turned back to my human form and got dressed. "Does it hurt when you change?" She asked.

    "Only in the beginning it does. Afterwards it doesn't hurt as much." I said. "I hope you don't think of me as a monster. It's really not my fault I'm like this. It just happened." Mom got up and hugged me.

   "You're still my son. No matter what you look like. Wolf or human I will still love you all the same. Nothing will ever change that." Mom said.

   "Thanks mom I needed to hear that. I really did." I said with a tear running down me cheek.

   "Now what are going to do about Sue?" Mom asked.

    "I'm going to talk to Ash. Maybe he can get a hold of Sky and find out where she is." I said. "I'll find her. I might be able to track her down by her scent."

    "You're not going out as a werewolf. Are you?" Mom asked.

   "Of course not. I still have some wolf abilities as a human. Besides I don't think society will appreciate a werewolf walking around." I said.

    "Do you want me to drive around to help?" Mom asked.

    "No need to mom. I'll find her" I said.

   "Well if she is your mate. Then she's going to be my daughter in law or werewolf in law or whatever." Mom said. I chuckled a little when mom said werewolf in law.

    "No really mom I'll find her. Where's dad?" I asked.

   "Golfing of course. His buddy called him and invited him to go golfing. You know he's not going to turn that down." Mom said. I laughed at that.

    "Could you tell him what's going on and everything else?' I asked her.

    "Don't worry about a thing I'll tell him everything. Now go find you mate." Mom said. With that I headed out the door looking for my mate.