Another Cinderella

June 8, 2005

"Hello Hope."

I looked up to see Josh. He was tall at 6'3 with brown hair and dark blue eyes he was 19 now.

"Oh hi." I looked down at the table I was siting at. Messing with the small baby blue book in my hands.

"Whats wrong?" I laid my head down but looked up at him.

"I want to be in the company."
He tried to pull me up.

"Look because I am cooler then you. I think you should come check the list with me."

I didn't want to look at the list for 10 years I wanted to be on it, and I have never made it.

"Why?" He tried to pull on my arm again.

"To see what part I am playing silly."
He is lying he gets the same part every year.

"Fine."  As we walk through the halls people keep saying great job. It is making me feel weird because I thought people forgot who I was.

"Finally so what are you playing?"
He didn't even look at the list for more than two seconds, and smiled at me.

"Prince charming."
I was happy for him.

"Who is playing Cinderella?" His smile grew even bigger.

"I don't know look?" I look at it and it said my name, my name. Ok this is a mistake I didn't even try out.

"So are you happy partner." He came and hugged me. I really didn't know what to say. Was I happy about this.

"Yes...no I don't know." He let go. I wish he didn't I miss his touch.

"Ok well you will have time to think about it. But now we have to dance to the stage, where we need to be, because we start in 5 minutes."

He was no longer smiling. Just a straight face. We started running to the stage.

"Well Hope welcome." Said Jake. He is really old he has been director of Cinderella scents my mom danced.

"Hi Jake." He walked to the side of the stage by me.

"Ok what do you remembered?"  I don't know why he asked but when he did he had on a smile.

"Most of it" he nodded his head.

"Ok than we do the tango first."

After class

"Well Cindy you want to go eat?"
I pulled my hair back from my face. Looking over my shoulder at him.

"Where?" It was a stupid question, we go to the same spot every week.

"Well I was kinda hoping Applebee's."
Told you so.

"Ok than Applebee's it is."
He got the keys and got in the car.

In the car

"So I have a big question for you."
I nodded at him to continue.

"Um would you like to move in my room with me?"
I wanted to mess with him, just a little bit.
"Why?" He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Hope we are mates and I feel like you don't like me unless we are dancing or something you like."  I couldn't help it and I laughed a little.

"I'm sorry I just was waiting till you asked." He was quiet for a couple minutes.

"Wait what?" I looked at him, as he stoped at a red light.

"You never asked me to move in with you." He smacked his head on the steering wheel.

"I never asked you?" I laughed a little. Grabbing my phone from my bag.