Ch. 1: Meet And Greet Pt. 1

Mia POV:

"Tamia wake up," my mother softly whispers in my ear, while I'm of course sleeping in my bed. I ignore her and turn on my other side facing the wall. She tugs on my right shoulder; I groan and turn my back to see a blurry figure with my sleepy brown eyes. I close my eyes in pain and open them slowly to see my mom smiling with two white tickets. "What's that?" I point to the tickets in a groggily whisper.

"Two tickets to meet One Direction! Well it's for their Meet & Greet, but-,"

"Whoa, whoa wait," I push myself up in the bed quickly getting a head rush but I ignore it because there's a more important task at hand. She smiles wider, "Mom, you got me tickets for One Direction!?"

"Yes," her smiles widen. How is that even possible? I scream and start to fan myself with her jumping on my bed, laughing "I knew you would like it!"

"Thanks Mom, this is the best!" I stand on my bed to join her and give her a big Horan hug. She laughs in my ear since I caught her off guard but immediately hugs me back. "You're welcome, I knew you would like it and maybe this will help you keep your thoughts off of your father for a little while," I squints my eyes with hoping tears don't fall down but unluckily for me they hit her shoulder. She rubs her hands soothingly in my back to comfort her. "Baby I'm sorry I shouldn't ha-,"

"No Mom," I pull my head from her shoulder to look at her. She wipes my tear stained face and kisses my cheeks. I give her a weak smile and she smiles sympathetically back. "Maybe you should visit him and tell him the great news," I look up at her and give her a disbelieving look, "You should know Dad wouldn't care about things like that."

"Yeah but since he's sick in the hospital, maybe he'll finally want to hear good news and not having everyone watching his every move." I nod slowly while her words sink in and jump off my bed, she looks at me confusingly.

"Well Mom I do have to get dressed so..." I drawled out waiting for her to get the hint. She smiles and gets off my bed, heading towards the door. Thankfully it didn't take her long this time. "Okay I get it, I'll leave but come in my room when you're ready to leave." I give her a murmured okay and walk over to my closet to get a striped sweater and a pair of shorts with my Sperrys. Yes I'm officially Louis Tomlinson and I have the bum to match.

I walk out of my room giggling at my crazy thoughts and my mom looks at me weirdly. Phh, I'm not even phased by that look anymore. It's an everyday thing now so I just give her a cheeky smile while she just shrugs it off. "Well, we should be going before visiting hours are up," I murmur in agreement and we leave the house into her Nissan.

***

We get there after jamming to some old R&B hits like R. Kelly. I get out the car after she cranks it off and we walk towards the hospital. Carol the receptionist screams, "Oh my God, hey Mia! Get your big booty over here!" I look over at her in embarrassment and walk over to her desk. "Dang Carol, do you have to embarrass me all the time?" "Yeah yeah, I'm embarrass you but the better question is did you get the tickets!?" My mom steps beside me to hear Carol's last sentence. "Damn Carol I'm glad I gave them to her this morning because you would've ruined it with your big mouth," my mom gives her a playful glare but Carol just shrugs it off and pushes her blond hair over her shoulder and leans in towards me. "So tell me how excited you are?!"

I stifle a laugh at this crazed woman that I came to love dearly after meeting her two months ago since my dad is a patient here. "Ah no big thing, just five idiots to see that are in a band," I try to shrug it off but my southern voice is saying otherwise since it sounds like I've been training for a marathon. I guess Carol noticed it too because she gives me a look that says "why lie?"